Should I get a tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rking6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 06 Mega 1500 and just got a Flowmaster Super 10 true dual exhaust with an X pipe(along with a 6" lift and 35s). I already have the Trinity that the previous owner of the truck gave to me. So should I get a tune for it? I mainly want one that will give me the best mpg. I fill up with 89 and would like to stick with that but I don't think the Trinity comes with an 89 octane preloaded tune does it? Or do you think I should get a custom tune?

Sacredsouls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe the trinity has an 87,91 and 93 tune plus a tow and a mpg tune loaded in them stock. If you have it I would definately tune and while your at it might as well do a cold air on it too.

hemifever

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
picking up mpg will be tough with those big ole tires on there. I would expect premium fuel to give you the best mpg as it'll be more low end power to help turn the wheels easier. But then you gotta weigh in the price difference of the fuel and the mpg gains making up that difference or not