2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi electric brake box malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Natalie8628

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have had my Dodge for 4 years now and last week the electric brake box malfunctioned saying CF with a yellow trailer and ! Flashing and in the dashboard the red trailer with a line through it is staying on all the time and has been on since last week! It also say to service trailer trailer brake system... I have not had a trailer hooked up to my truck since the 3rd Saturday in May.... I have checked the fuses and they are all good... What else can I do before I take it to a dodge dealership.... If it's an easy fix that I can do I would rather fix it myself than pay a dealership $500 to fix it! Thanks in advance!

Civicmanjack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don’t see any responses and I am having the same problem. What did you end up doing?

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you check the connector ?

Might try hooking up a trailer and see if anything changes.......won't cost ya anything and may tell you the problem, or at least give ya more info for the dealership to work on it