2012 Factory Integrated Trailer Brake Controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NealC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased an OEM brake controller for my 2012 RAM. I installed it and hooked up the existing harness connectors. Is there supposed to be some sort of options on the EVIC? If there is, do I need to take it to the dealer to have the EVIC updated? The brake controller LEDs light up and the adjustments work. I haven't connected my trailer to it yet to see if it operates the brakes. Any help would be appreciated.

Neal

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
it should function as it, but if you want to control it through the evic you need to have the dealer flash your truck.

OP
OP
NealC

NealC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I never tried to see if it worked without the flashing. The dealer charge $125 for flashing it. I don't know what the 4 options on the EVIC represent. I could not find anything about options in the manual.

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A p3 controller could have saved you $$ & I really think it's a better unit as I just went from p3 to a factory Installed controller , only advantage of the factory unit is the controller location . You do need a plug n play adapter but it's not that much & simple

Not meaning to be Debbie downer here just trying to help future brake installers

If my factory brake unit is unsatisfactory I will not hesitate to replace it with a P3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio