2012 intergrated trailer braking controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
would like to purchase the factory controller put i am hearing horror stories from ram owners saying it not set up for the factory controller how can i find out if my truck has the the two four plugs under the dash

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I am not sure about what plugs you need for the factory controler but if you decide to go aftermarket I have one on the For Sale page from my '09 that will plug right in.

Link

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

h2oman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine came from the factory with the bc. It works but it's not even in the same league with my old Tekonsha. So, don't feel bad about going aftermarket.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read the issue was more that your EVIC may need to be flashed by the dealer so you can use it in conjunction with the controller.
Unless you're used to an aftermarket controller and the added features they have, there is nothing wrong with the stock unit.

Marc1982443

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 big horn cc
Engine
Hemi 5.7
all you need to do is look under the dash. you will see them. You will have to get it flashed into the computer. tell the dealer it was installed after you bought the truck so they know to put in the correct code.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
you only have to get the computer flashed if you want to be able to adjust the controller using the evic and steering wheel controls. if you just install it or you dont have the evic, its will function like any other brake controller would.

also, not all trucks have both plugs under the dash. just take a peak up near the brake pedal. it will be pretty obvious if you have just one or both. you will see the plug/s taped to the rest of the harness.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you lay on your back and look under your dash there is a big harness wraped in black loom near your parking brake pedal.

Taped to it there with either be 1 or 2 wiring plugs. If you have both your golden. If you only have one there is an adapter harness you can buy and splice in to provide power.

Here is a picture off an ebay add for the controller.

Mine were tapped about 6 inches apart from eachother, but the picture shows then closer. Sorry there small.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you lay on your back and look under your dash there is a big harness wraped in black loom near your parking brake pedal.

Taped to it there with either be 1 or 2 wiring plugs. If you have both your golden. If you only have one there is an adapter harness you can buy and splice in to provide power.

Here is a picture off an ebay add for the controller.

Mine were tapped about 6 inches apart from eachother, but the picture shows then closer. Sorry there small.

In addition to this... I just had my computer flashed to show the brake display on the EVIC. I noticed an imrovment in the controllers abaility. I think the accelometer needs the computer flash to work properly.