2015 2500 disabled to to a bad rear shock.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Priest Lake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I attempted to use my 2015 Ram 2500 6.4 with auto leveling suspension as a truck. A week long trip to the coast with a 9.5' camper.The truck swayed back and forth so bad that we cancelled the trip due to the extreme safety concern. I actually have a video of the intense swaying of the vehicle I gave to the Service Dept. They were amazed. The dealer found a leaking left rear shock was the issue. Well 5 weeks later and apparently Ram has none of these shocks anywhere in North America. Poor customer service Ram.... No aftermarket shocks are available for the auto leveling equipped Ram 2500 according to the Dealer. I bought the truck to use as a truck. I would not tow or haul any load with it and at this point my camping plans for 2016 are shot. My Honda Ridgeline hauls a load better than the Ram at this time. Buyer beware! A bad shock and you are out of luck.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sounds like you have a dealer that isn't working very hard for you (five weeks is pushing you into lemon law territory). Bilstein makes after-market shocks for the 2500, give shockwharehouse.com a call.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you have a dealer that isn't working very hard for you (five weeks is pushing you into lemon law territory). Bilstein makes after-market shocks for the 2500, give shockwharehouse.com a call.

He has the air suspension. Not a normal 2500. I'd contact a lawyer and see what options you have regarding lemon law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
have you actually contacted Ram directly or only the dealer? most dealers suck.

OP
OP
P

Priest Lake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Dealer has really been trying. Ram case manger says they are trying to expidite but for what ever reason the shocks for the auto leveling equipped 2500's are not available and no aftermarket. I really love the truck otherwise and have a Herd bumper on it along with an extended warranty and a lifetime oil change. So I don't want to get rid of the truck just want the shock like-yesterday. I really wonder why they didn't plan for shock failures.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
He has the air suspension. Not a normal 2500. I'd contact a lawyer and see what options you have regarding lemon law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rear air leveling system still uses shocks. I'm wondering if the OP is confusing shocks with the air bag.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the auto leveling system use separate lines for each side? If not you can get back and forth sway.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No guarantees explicit or implied, but you should be able to use any non-air leveling shock in a pinch. *However* from my experience with Airock suspensions on Jeeps the shocks should be valved differently for a suspension that solely uses airbags.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963