2018 Ram Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I think you are on the right track here. Get what you need to make the towing easy without having to Add anything. Doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money to then have to right away make additions to tow. You will be much happier. Go for the 3500!

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
if you go 3500, just make sure you check into registration costs in whatever state you live. California has a higher cost for 1 tons vs 3/4. and for sure over 1/2 tons.

OP
OP
S

Sierrus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ahhhh , i am in Canada, the 2500 above 65k costs you an extra 3% luxury tax, the 3500 is considered a work truck so is cheaper tax wise here atleast, in Canada it doesn't take much to get 65k+ on a truck, not really sure what the diff would be insurance wise around here... will look into it though.

dealership does not have alot in stock for heavy duties at the moment, they have probably 40ish 1500's, but 6-8 3500's and atleast 1/2 are diesels, not that i have anything against diesels... but they are 90-105k stock here.... granted they are all laramie's in stock, since i'm not in desperate need and could really hold out till next spring i may just look at ordering one.... a decently equipped SLT Mega cab 6.4 is around 65k.... cuts out the stuff i don't care about that way.... every one seems to have NAV, quite frankly google maps on my phone gives better directions.... i also don't want the air load leveling, after my 4 corner air suspension on my current truck i just dont want to have to deal with it.... limits mod wise, and incase i do go Camper one day i don't want to have to worry about exceeding it's weight capacity and it not jacking up (like my truck does now).

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Tuned in. I love the Power Wagon except the tires but as others have said not a great solution for towing unless you are good with 1500 like specs in that department.

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'm glad that you took your time, researched, and made the right decision. I see too many times people throwing/offering band-aids instead of working for a permanent solution.

OP
OP
S

Sierrus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well.... turned out much different than expected.... they did not have any 2500/3500 in stock that i was interested in either base model or absurdly marked up (Up to 105,000 for the cummins build Canadian...) after another full day of negotiation to factory order a truck it ended badly, from offering me 32,000 for my 15 fully loaded 1500 Sport to somehow changing mind (i used a preferred price discount i get through work for factory order) they changed my trade in Value to 26,000.... conveniently the difference of ordering a factory build....

in the end i was so pissed off with back and forth about pricing, i left the dealership and looked elsewhere, and found a GMC Sierra 3500 6.0L i told them who i work for, they said awesome you get dealercost +2% and gave me 30k for my trade in..... deal done inside of an hour.... 75k msrp and out the door for 64k....

i LOVE the ram's, i wish i could still have one.... i think stock they are the best looking truck on the road, shame my local dealership is such a pain to deal with.... i've bought 3 Dodge's off them in the past 4 years for myself and my wife.... yet my local GM dealer beats them with an hr of negotiation instead of 2 days....

i get bored of vehicles so i'm sure i will be in the market again in a few years... will look at RAM again than but maybe have to look out of town.. these you use the online truck builder it gives you an MSRP you go to my local ram dealer and sometimes their prices are 10k+ over what it's supposed to be sold at..... than they'll tell you how they will give you this great deal.... and they will go way down... but makes me wonder how many people they are screwing over that actually take their sticker price....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45