2500 lifted/leveled diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
ive been tryin to navigate through this forum and i cant seem to find anyone with a lifted truck that pulls a gooseneck trailer ? is there anyone out there with any pics and suggestions on how high to go to pull my trailer in a safe manner ?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
hi, welcome to RF

I moved this to the towing and hauling section. hopefully that generates a answer for you.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I think there may e one newer member who pulls a gooseneck with his dually but I'm not sure if he would have any idea about lifting.
I pull about 14k lbs from the bumper of the 2500 with a 2" level and 35s without a problem (although rarely, usually anymore the 8k goes behind one of our dumps)

I would guess how high you go depends on how much you can adjust your neck and how much you are actually towing.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
wont be using mine to pull a gooseneck for a while still. sorry buddy.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 LB CC Diesel
Engine
6.7 CTD
I've pulled alotta gooseneck trailers and I can tell you right now that I wouldnt go much past stock as far as lift is concerned especially with a dodge since they tend to sit pretty high from the factory. A leveling kit is fine but personally I would leave the rear suspension alone. If you absolutely feel you need to lift the truck I wouldnt go more than a few inches in the rear. Another option albeit an expensive one is to go with a kelderman air ride system which allows for a good amount of lift when not towing and full suspension adjustability to return to near stock for towing. Its a spendy investment but its top quality and the ride is very nice.

TLC John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 RAM 1500
Engine
Hemi
TotalLoadControl™ for your truck

Hi Brian,

If you're looking to add air bags, please check out our TLC™system for your truck.

TLC adds 9" air springs in a patented system that is on-demand and bolt-on - so doesn't interfere with your factory suspension and doesn't require changing the whole rear end.

If you have any questions, please check out our Vendor Forum, website or shoot me a PM.

John

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Have to agree with the above, I ment to adress that but forgot
The more you tow and/or te higher you go you will begin to experience axle wrap, especially with a lift block
I would recomend getting a progressive leaf spring (or spring pack cough carli) traction/ladder bars and air bags would be a good investment as well