4.56 gear swap in 2015 ram. Programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckRam15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 2015 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 Hemi. I currently have 3.21 gears in it and I want a 1/8 mile tire smoking monster. I already purchased the 4.56 gears but I haven't installed them yet. I was told I needed to program the truck for the gears but I can't find anyone who programs gears past the deal sold 3.90/3.92. Does anyone know a place in the Dallas Texas area that could program 4.56 gears? Or do I even have to program it?

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
So I have a 2015 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 Hemi. I currently have 3.21 gears in it and I want a 1/8 mile tire smoking monster. I already purchased the 4.56 gears but I haven't installed them yet. I was told I needed to program the truck for the gears but I can't find anyone who programs gears past the deal sold 3.90/3.92. Does anyone know a place in the Dallas Texas area that could program 4.56 gears? Or do I even have to program it?

There is nothing to program. The speed sensors are past the gears. Changing tire overall diameter would need a speedo correction, but lots of people run over/under sized tires without ever doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jon316

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you ever put them on? How is it on the highway. Debating dropping 4.10s in mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Went 355 open diff to 410 LSD and it was a good mod for me, But if I could do it over I would have went 456.
No programming on my end, just hit the gas and rip it:roflsquared:
I would recommend disconnecting the battery and be sure to drain the residual power out of the PCM because simply disconnecting the battery terminals won't work.
Important: do it on a cold motor, disconnect negative from battery terminal, drain residual power for 15-20 minutes, hook battery back up, turn key to on position for 10 seconds ( do not start ), then start and let run in park until you hit normal operating temps, drive it like you stole it. This will clear out the PCM memory so it learns from the ground up. Guys at the track do this before they race and some do it with every new mod.