4.56 Gears increase tow capacity to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
So now we have...

Tow rating
GVWR
CVWR
GCVWR
AVWR - Front and Rear
Tire - VWR (usually not but Front and rear)
Tongue rating

And not one of you mother-fathers have simply mentioned that freaking fact that your Brake GAIN is 100% as important as all of these factors - legalese not apply - but saves your ass.

-You do not want your truck to stop harder than the trailer
-You do not want your truck to stop less than your trailer
-Weather conditions dictate this action

And all the above dictate how this all behaves!

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most commercial vehicles actually have a tow rating, or at least a registration. That's what he was talking about. You misunderstanding what he said or vise versa doesn't make what you are stating in the context of a ram 1500 fact.

Hey @#$%^&*.....I know EXACTLY what he was saying and UNDERSTOOD completely, as he was looking at and pointing to the 3500 dually I was driving......and he was looking at and talking about my ramcharger (AW150) that was sitting on the GN trailer behind my dually.

I don't care how much you think you know, but YOU are the only 1 that thinks you are right.....in the real world that the rest of us live in, when you are the only 1 agreeing with yourself, it usually means you are wrong.

I also find it very arrogant on your part to try and tell me what I heard and discussed, even though your @#$%^&^%*& butt wasn't there !!

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey @#$%^&*.....I know EXACTLY what he was saying and UNDERSTOOD completely, as he was looking at and pointing to the 3500 dually I was driving......and he was looking at and talking about my ramcharger (AW150) that was sitting on the GN trailer behind my dually.

I don't care how much you think you know, but YOU are the only 1 that thinks you are right.....in the real world that the rest of us live in, when you are the only 1 agreeing with yourself, it usually means you are wrong.

I also find it very arrogant on your part to try and tell me what I heard and discussed, even though your @#$%^&^%*& butt wasn't there !!

LOL. You're cute. Do you need your soother?