8.5' wide trailer w/o tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moabxj01

Reaction score
Ram Year
TBD
Engine
TBD
Has anyone towed an 8.5' wide trailer without the tow mirrors? I just ordered the truck w/ tow mirrors but feel like I may regret not having the power fold-in mirrors due to some tight parking spots at work. I have a 8.5x16 car hauler that I will probably tow a couple times a month.

my09hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '09 doesn't have tow mirrors, I can see down the side but not well enough to pass someone and know when you are clear to move back into the lane. I ordered addon mirrors from e trailer and worked perfect for $50

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
If its a deck trailer with a car you'll be fine.. if its a travel/enclosed trailer, I wouldn't tow without tow mirrors... IMHO it should be a requirement as the PP said above, you cannot see down the side othe trailer when you are passing, manoeuvring around people.

That being said... don't do the add-on mirrors.. they suck. They shake/rattle/vibrate/fall off/everything you don't want when your towing.. do it right.. OEM.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone towed an 8.5' wide trailer without the tow mirrors? I just ordered the truck w/ tow mirrors but feel like I may regret not having the power fold-in mirrors due to some tight parking spots at work. I have a 8.5x16 car hauler that I will probably tow a couple times a month.

-Our Passport 3220BH is only 8' wide, but I am shopping for towing mirrors.
-Are you sure the '13s have power folding mirrors? I thought our '12 did, but they are power (as in power moving mirror), folding (manually) mirrors. Boo-urns.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

moabxj01

Reaction score
Ram Year
TBD
Engine
TBD
I'm pretty sure the '13 tow mirrors are manual too. The sticker's say "Power Chrome Trailer Tow Mirrors w/ Manual Fold-Away". The non-tow mirrors have the power fold in though.

I'm sure I'll keep the tow mirrors(if the truck ever gets here!) Thanks for the info guys.