Adding factory trailer break controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I'm going to be adding the factory break control and from what I've read its plug and play after the dealer flashes the "codes"
So my questions are
is this true (I know the wires/ plug is there)?
If so does anyone know what code it is?

Long story short my truck is at the dealer and I'm going tomorrow to let my guy know what codes I want ( I'm add mirror and dash codes) and sense ill be adding the trailer break I might as well let him know that code as well
Thanks for the replay any and all info is appreciated
Als

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I actually just added this to my 2015 last week. The trailer brake kit comes with a mounting bracket that is an absolute nightmare to secure using the supplied bolts. No way my big hands were going to fit in there, so I ended up just zip tying it under the dash. The factory wiring harness and plugs are under the dash and ready to just plug in though, so it is very easy install once you figure out how to mount the bracket. Had my friend at the dealership flash it for me in about 5 minutes, and everything works perfect.