Additional trailer wiring ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kabong57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW 4WD Reg Cab Long Bed
Engine
6.4L
In all my previous trucks I have installed a 7 pole junction box with circuit breakers under the rear of the box. All of my different trailer connectors feed off this junction box. Most connectors are standard trailer type,some are Ag related and some are pure hybrid. On high load applications the factory output is only used to trip a relay. Will any of this cause any harm on my 2017 RAM 3500 std. cab reg. pickup?

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
In all my previous trucks I have installed a 7 pole junction box with circuit breakers under the rear of the box. All of my different trailer connectors feed off this junction box. Most connectors are standard trailer type,some are Ag related and some are pure hybrid. On high load applications the factory output is only used to trip a relay. Will any of this cause any harm on my 2017 RAM 3500 std. cab reg. pickup?

I think on our trucks each trailer circuit is individually fused at the factory fuse box. Whey would you want to add another potential problem by installing another junction box?