Advice for rear suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This is my current truck/5th wheel setup(2015 2500). In the near future I will be installing a level kit and going to a 34" terra grappler g2 tire. Looking for a setup for the rear to avoid the extreme sag look. Airbags? If so is there an actual spot inside to mount onboard air control?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 89

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
Air bags would be my suggestion.

As far as a compressor, yes you can mount one inside under the back seats. You dont necessarily need a compressor though. On my first set of air bags I plumbed the air fittings back through the license plate. I then just used a hand bike tire pump to fill my bags to where i needed them as they dont take much air.

on my dads truck I installed a tool box in the bed of his truck, installed a tank and compressor in the tool box. I then installed air switches inside his truck where he was able to inflate and deflate the bags from in the cab with gauges on his pillar showing bag pressures and tank pressure. Also installed a set of train horns... :)

personally, i wouldn't recommend a leveling kit on a half ton towing a 5th wheel... I feel like you will end up regretting that in the end. The higher you go the less stable it will become. I have been there and done it, just my opinion.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Air bags are good route my dad has the firestone 5000lb capacity bags on hit f250. It's that or stiffer coils and I'm not sure if anyone sells those yet. Why the level? Is it to clear the tires or for aesthetics? If it's to clear the 34s I don't think you'll have any problems with that depending on how wide you go just some food for thought. Also they do have compressors you can mount under on the frame rail and control from the cab. My dad just had the 2 air inlets in his bumper and we carry a pre aired up tank with us if need be normaly we are close to air.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The level is just for looks and to upgrade the shocks. 35's will fit on the 2500 stock, I'm just doing an a/t tire nothing big or aggressive since i tow that 5th wheel