Air bags for towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgepower01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What brand of air bag is every one running ? I just need them to be good enough for a sled deck and two sleds or two quads in the summer. i was also wanting the on board compressor. Any idea what brand i should get.

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the air lift 1000 love it easy set up and its only 90 bucks and easy to install

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You really think you need airbags for a couple quads or sleds? Shouldn't be very much tongue weight. My small camper has a good 500lb tongue weight and although I do use a weight distribution hitch, it's fine without bags.

Ray

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You really think you need airbags for a couple quads or sleds? Shouldn't be very much tongue weight. My small camper has a good 500lb tongue weight and although I do use a weight distribution hitch, it's fine without bags.

Ray

Sled deck is a platform in the bed of the truck. No trailer. Couple quads a deck and some gear you could have close to 2k lbs in the bed. I had firestone bags on my last truck, they were great. Had a 5k lb load limit so that might be a little much for you.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have airlift 1000 but yet to install them; waiting on a brass tee in the mail to replace the plastic P.O.S. the kit came with.
You really think the compressor will live long under a truck in such a cold climate?? The road salt they use here would kill it faster than pics of a nekked grandma.
I fugure its not hard to air up at a gas station or even the garage before Ieave, and will use the compressor I carry in the travel trailer if thats hooked up and I need air (good luck getting near a gas station air island with that!)

h2oman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Airlift 1000's. $87. How can you go wrong?

OP
OP
D

dodgepower01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the opinions , the compressor should last I got a few friends with them in there cummins and there holding up. I just like the fact of being able to empty them or fill them up on the go. An there isn't always a gas station around.

Red 2012 Crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The airlift 1000's are great. You shouldn't need the compressor. Just air them up to the max 30psi and leave them there. The ride doesn't change so you can leave them there while empty. I've had them in for about a year and haven't had to add air yet. They are extremely good for the price. I had the Firestones on my old chevy and they needed air every couple of weeks.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got in from installing the airlift system. After a couple quick trips around town at 35psi (first 24 hr test period) I am impressed; I could feel the truck is more firm but nowhere near the harsh ride with the Timbrens. The air nozzle through the license plate bolt hole makes it real easy to get at.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Woo Hoo! After 27 hours (and a fair bit of driving) the bags lost less than 1psi. Test successful :party28:

irally

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
Hemi 5.7
audio1der, the brass tee you got was that from Air Lift or could you have gotten it from NAPA or some place like that?

Just ordered the Air Lift 1000 from Lowriders for my Ram

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I like them work well I think they are cheap on amazon too. I did mine independently so I can account for uneven loads.

$miley

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
audio1der, the brass tee you got was that from Air Lift or could you have gotten it from NAPA or some place like that?

Just ordered the Air Lift 1000 from Lowriders for my Ram

I found it on Amazon. Turns out it was a 1/4" ID (not OD) fitting and was WAYYY too big but I had the bags inside the coils and it was cold so they weren't compliant at all, and I had to get'er done so I used the crappy plastic piece supplied with the kit. I'm still searching for a brass one- if you find one please share your source!
*Note to anyone in the Northern hemisphere; the bags are quite hard when cold. I had to lay them on a floor register and crank the heat in order to get them compliant enough to fold them like the instructions say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio