Air Lift 1000 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim2015RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like independent air lines (two valves). I can inflate them with a bicycle pump fairly easily. Valves in the top two license plate holes.

Attachments

• Valves_LicensePlate_web.jpg
    Valves_LicensePlate_web.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 57

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like independent air lines (two valves). I can inflate them with a bicycle pump fairly easily. Valves in the top two license plate holes.

That's how I did mine no regrets

Mike mcg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran a T on mine. I tow 6-7k# everyday. I ran my valve inside my gas fill area

a5f1468a208dad49bc160f121ba402a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
will be doing a lot of towing this year, got a new camper and really looking forward to it... was thinking of the 1000HD also, but just because I like toys, did anyone install the onboard compressor with them?, or would it be a total waste since most stated they could change the PSI in a couple of pumps of a bike pump

engineering

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
On my Air Lift 1000's I went more custom. I used push-to-connect fittings for the T which also allowed me to push on valves and a gauge as well as dump valve.

The reason for all of that is essentially the speed of adjusting the system and the confidence check that the gauge allows. It is now really fast to get to the pressure I want and really fat to glance at the gauge when I stop for gas to ensure it is not leaking. Not very expensive or fancy - but a solid improvement in ease of use.

KMKKOZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually I read on mine that you are supposed to load the truck first, then add air to level the truck.

I tow a TT and I love them. I used the T fitting, and for a year have had no problems. Some slide in bed campers are heavier on one side (slide) so I could see that having the capability to add air to just one would be helpful.

But for my application I wanted it to be equalizing. I have the 1000 HD. Well worth the price.

engineering

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Actually I read on mine that you are supposed to load the truck first, then add air to level the truck.

I tow a TT and I love them. I used the T fitting, and for a year have had no problems. Some slide in bed campers are heavier on one side (slide) so I could see that having the capability to add air to just one would be helpful.

But for my application I wanted it to be equalizing. I have the 1000 HD. Well worth the price.

The lateral weight balance of the trailer will have no impact on the lateral balance of the tow vehicle.

KMKKOZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The lateral weight balance of the trailer will have no impact on the lateral balance of the tow vehicle.

For a TT yes that's why I did like I did. But a slide in camper top that sits in the bed does affect it.

engineering

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
For a TT yes that's why I did like I did. But a slide in camper top that sits in the bed does affect it.

Oh, I see. I totally misread that. My mistake - I bet those configurations could be really unbalanced.