Airlift 1000 bags squeaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I let as much air out as possible. No change but I wanted to squeeze the bags to deflate them as much as possible but needed an extra hand at the time to keep the needle depressed while I did it. Right now its so cold here I don't think it will do much because their so stiff. I'm waiting for a warmer day to try this.

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
The only way to remove the bags without damaging them would be to remove the springs. There is no way i'm going to get them out through the coils.
You can jack the frame all the way up and let the wheels hang. Then very gently push the springs off of the hump at the bottom. I had to bump the passenger side with a rubber mallet.
I
have problems with my bags going flat and replaced all the pinch-clamps with a set of hose clamps from lowes.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can jack the frame all the way up and let the wheels hang. Then very gently push the springs off of the hump at the bottom. I had to bump the passenger side with a rubber mallet.
I
have problems with my bags going flat and replaced all the pinch-clamps with a set of hose clamps from lowes.

Really? You don't need to compress the springs to remove them?

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Really? You don't need to compress the springs to remove them?

on the rear its real easy to get the springs out usually what i do is jack the truck up from the diff as high as i can put a pair of jack stands under the frame and let the rear end come down and the springs come out

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Mine have been quiet as well I have ran them from 0 to 35 or so but no issues I know of.