Aluminum ball mount with built in lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
You couldn't give me a truck load of aluminum ball mounts.
Just Google them, you will see what happens.

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have googled them ..... what exactly is the problem? If used within their weight rating, i have no problem relying on them. My 8" drop from anderson is now on its 3rd truck with close to 400k miles worth of towing everything from a seadoo to a bobcat skidsteer on it.

I would think if there were massive failure issues with them the companies making them would be getting sued and there would be news of it all over the web.....

OP
OP
Joy360

Joy360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very few negative reviews on them. E Trailer.com had one bad review the rest are all excellent ratings.
I like the internal locking mechanism.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
You peeps buy all the aluminum items you can/want, I'll stick with steel when it comes to trailer ball mounts.

OP
OP
Joy360

Joy360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You peeps buy all the aluminum items you can/want, I'll stick with steel when it comes to trailer ball mounts.
Easy gun powder!
Just asking on opinions

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Buy all the aluminum trailer hitch ball mounts your money can buy, I sleep better at night knowing I bought steel, but hey, aluminum looks cooler, so I want aluminum.
Would you want a aluminum frame on your Ram? hell no you don't.
I did not know a opinion had to be supported, LOLOLOLOLOLOL

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Buy all the aluminum trailer hitch ball mounts your money can buy, I sleep better at night knowing I bought steel, but hey, aluminum looks cooler, so I want aluminum.
Would you want a aluminum frame on your Ram? hell no you don't.
I did not know a opinion had to be supported, LOLOLOLOLOLOL

If they could engineer a frame that could withstand the torque, hell yeah i could see the benefit of an alumimum frame on a truck. One of the first things I look at on a used vehicle is the amount of rust on the frame. Hell, they are even making HD gooseneck deckover trailers out of aluminum to reduce weight.

As for supporting an opinion, you were the one that implied there was a massive amount of data on the web regarding these aluminum hitches failing , so i simply asked for your source material. I am more than willing to be proven wrong if the data is out there, and would happily replace the adjustable hitch I have used for years if there was a shred of evidence that there was a legitimate cause for concern.

Heck, I am actually looking to replace my drop bar now because the height of the rear of this truck makes a couple of my small trailers ride nose up too much so i need a deeper drop. I have my eye on a nice steel torsion mount, just haven't pulled the trigger yet because i want more data

OP
OP
Joy360

Joy360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they could engineer a frame that could withstand the torque, hell yeah i could see the benefit of an alumimum frame on a truck. One of the first things I look at on a used vehicle is the amount of rust on the frame.

As for supporting an opinion, you were the one that implied there was a massive amount of data on the web regarding these aluminum hitches failing , so i simply asked for your source material. I am more than willing to be proven wrong if the data is out there, and would happily replace the adjustable hitch I have used for years if there was a shred of evidence that there was a legitimate cause for concern.
Hey is your adjustable hitch have the internal locking mechanism? I'm more interested in that then anything.
Thanks

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No. I got mine before they came out with the internal lock. To be honest, on the 2500, I don't think the pin of the internal lock would be long enough to pass through the sleeve and the reciever combined. When i bought my 2500 I had to buy a longer locking pin because the old one was too tight of a fit for me with the class 5 reciever on the truck.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I don't have any issues with the materials of construction as long as they are engineered to do the job. My only pause is the built in lock system.

In fair weather states it might not be an issue but up here in the north that area of the truck just gets a lot of schmutz that permeates everywhere causing corrosion and makes things difficult to operate.

If I were to buy one, I'd probably just go with a separate locking pin that could be cut off and driven out.