Anyone want to swap rear ends ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airbus 320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Just bought a 13e Ram big Horn with 15k miles on it. Has the hemi and the class iv hitch but never towed anything.

Bought it to move my boat about 15 times a year. I have not owned a dodge since 03 and am very impressed with the truck.

I assumed with the hemi and big horn that the truck would have the lower gears. It has 3.21's which are great if you are trying to max your fuel ecomony but it drops the towing max below the weight of my boat.

I may just order the gears and make the swap but before i do that is there anyone with 3.92's that would be interested in swapping? Someone that doesnt need 10k towing or does alot of highway driving?

shoot me an email [email protected] I am in SC

whatroads

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 3.92
Sorry, I walked away from 2 different dealers who said they couldn't get 3.92 w/ the tow package. I finally found a dealer who brought in a truck from another state, (farm country).

I got what I wanted. The lesser optioned SLT. I wanted a truck and don't have a use for all the blue tooth, GPS......What I did get was a 4x4 QC Hemi, the off road and tow package w/ 3.92. One of the benefits of these options is the 17 inch tires. I like the larger sidewalls, greater tire availability options along with cheaper prices when compared to the 20's. It is also my belief the 17's are better for towing.

OP
OP
A

Airbus 320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
excellent info.. the truck is a 2 wheel drive. Just figured i would take a shot before i order gears and start turning wrenches. Figuire someone wants hwy mileage vs towing

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Gear are cheap man. Labor gets you a little but on a 2wd no big deal at all. Keep in mind the technical rating won't change even with different gears so law can still get you but probably never would check. To me the 3.55's should be minimum with the 8 speed and 3.92 with the 5 and 6 unless you don't intend to tow. Hard to get some dealers to understand that.

OP
OP
A

Airbus 320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Gear are cheap man. Labor gets you a little but on a 2wd no big deal at all. Keep in mind the technical rating won't change even with different gears so law can still get you but probably never would check. To me the 3.55's should be minimum with the 8 speed and 3.92 with the 5 and 6 unless you don't intend to tow. Hard to get some dealers to understand that.

Actually thedodge web site lists 8300lbs with 3.21 and 10,300 with 3.92 think itsthe tow configurator page

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01