B&W Companion Slider

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone have this hitch (3405 model) installed with the B&W Turnoveball system? I just had one installed and it is a very slick product.

I do have a question for anyone with it though. What do you do to remove the base? I've loosened the pull down bolt & pulled the ball pin handle, but the base won't budge. I'm no Hercules, but I would expect some movement. Am I forgetting anything?

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Yes, it is a nice set up. I removed mine over a year ago and think i had somewhat the same problem. Think i had to tap on top of the bolt to "jar" the lock loose. Can't remember now, but maybe some white spray white lithium grease on the mechanism would help when installing again. I probably won't remove mine again until fall.

OP
OP
RoadDog66

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Karl after I pulled the Turnoverball lever and it stayed back in the pin release position the pull down bolt (one you tighten to 80 ft lb) on the hitch was completely loose and spun and lifted freely. However the Companion base was still rock solid in place.

I'll have to mess it some more and see what I can figure out.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'm no Hercules, but I would expect some movement. Am I forgetting anything?
#1 Aren't you at work right now? You shouldn't be posting here:flipthebird:
#2 Too bad your wife didn't marry a man, or else he would be able to help you:roflsquared:
#3 Don't worry, I'll help you out at the lake next week in exchange for boat rides!!!:favorites13:

OP
OP
RoadDog66

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'll eat my Wheaties and try again.

Let me check the internet I don't think they make a life jacket big enough for such a manly man. Plus I'll need to find a warerproof extension cord so I can vacuum all that beard & back hair from the boat after you ride in it :flipthebird:

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Do you any pics it seem like that the wife and I might change from the 5'er to a regular TT but I seen on etrailer web site the video about this the other day so you might try their.

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To pull out my 5th wheel adapter from the b&w I have to put a 4x4 across the bed and get a ratchet strap around the wood and hook to the plate. T then get a little bit of pressure on the strap and then give the plate a tap with the hammer. It pops right up.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I pull mine out with the 5th wheel's landing gear after loosening the bolt, and leave it hanging from the king pin. It seems like it was a bit difficult the first couple times but now comes right out. I've stored several different hitches this way over the years and have never had a problem. I keep planning on building a platform to lower the hitch back on to in order to take the weight off the pin while not being used but haven't got around to it yet.