ball mount slop fix, fast, cheap, easy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never could leave my hitch in my receiver. My knee caps just can't handle the abuse!!! [emoji36] [emoji35] [emoji33]

I have walked into it more times than I can count! You'd think I'd learn, but nope. Instead I just end up laying on the ground swearing and cradling my leg....

bd983a7e03c9410773b8917b79604689.jpg

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I never could leave my hitch in my receiver. My knee caps just can't handle the abuse!!! [emoji36] [emoji35] [emoji33]

I have walked into it more times than I can count! You'd think I'd learn, but nope. Instead I just end up laying on the ground swearing and cradling my leg....

Yup... THat's me as well.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I leave mine in all the time. Someone hit me once when I was sitting parked in the truck. Glad they hit my hitch and not my bumper!

It's illegal here, probably one of the more stupid laws we've got.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do they do when you have a Class 1 hitch on the Veh. ??? They probably did,nt think of that.

Actually, I think it specifies removable hitches. I remember it also stating something about not being part of the permanent overall length of the vehicle too. I haven't been able to find it again though, not sure if it's a general law or a DMV regulation. But I do know a couple of people that have got tickets for it in the past. Suppose they could have changed it, but MA would never actually improve anything, so that's not likely :)

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
I leave mine in all the time. Someone hit me once when I was sitting parked in the truck. Glad they hit my hitch and not my bumper!

It's illegal here, probably one of the more stupid laws we've got.

Not to argue with you about this and I know you are from Ontario, it is actually not illegal here.
There is nothing in the laws suggesting that it would be....this is coming directly from an OPP officer that is nice enough on another forum to answer specific question pertaining to our dumb Ontario motorized laws.
Now, if a uninformed cop tried to give you a ticket, that is another story, but it would not hold up in court.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Not to argue with you about this and I know you are from Ontario, it is actually not illegal here.
There is nothing in the laws suggesting that it would be....this is coming directly from an OPP officer that is nice enough on another forum to answer specific question pertaining to our dumb Ontario motorized laws.
Now, if a uninformed cop tried to give you a ticket, that is another story, but it would not hold up in court.
You seem a little salty about me calling some of the laws here stupid. Thank you for the clarification, however I personally know 2 people who have revieved tickets for having a trailer hitch in. So you're saying if they'd gone to court the ticket would be ripped up?

In no way was I insulting police officers, in fact I've never met an OPP officer who hasn't been nice. It helps that I don't do things that would get me pulled over too I guess. My comment was a slam against the high ups who create these laws.

Just one example. It's illegal to have an aftermarket muffler on a snowmobile that you ride on trails in the middle of the woods. However you can slay a Flowmaster 10 on your truck that you city drive at night which is loud as hell and it's a non issue. See what I mean? Doesn't make much sense.

Anyway to bring it back around, I wasn't attacking the OPP, you guys are just enforcing the laws. Thank you for the info on this.

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
You seem a little salty about me calling some of the laws here stupid. Thank you for the clarification, however I personally know 2 people who have revieved tickets for having a trailer hitch in. So you're saying if they'd gone to court the ticket would be ripped up?

In no way was I insulting police officers, in fact I've never met an OPP officer who hasn't been nice. It helps that I don't do things that would get me pulled over too I guess. My comment was a slam against the high ups who create these laws.

Just one example. It's illegal to have an aftermarket muffler on a snowmobile that you ride on trails in the middle of the woods. However you can slay a Flowmaster 10 on your truck that you city drive at night which is loud as hell and it's a non issue. See what I mean? Doesn't make much sense.

Anyway to bring it back around, I wasn't attacking the OPP, you guys are just enforcing the laws. Thank you for the info on this.

LOL....no, not at all.
LOTS of VERY STUPID laws here, as with many other places.

Like I said, the OPP officer I am referring too is part of a sledding forum, great guy, he asked his boss to start up a question & answer thread pertaining to our stupid laws to help people understand and stop being misinformed, eventually his boss's requested he stop his official responses due to the exposure, but he carried it on in an unofficial capacity, but references the letter of law in his responses.
If you sled in the Bancroft area, you might run into him, goes by the online name of Odot1 or Sean in real life....definitely one of the "good" cops.

Your example of sled noise vs. trucks/cars/bikes is flawed. Sled ride on private property, not all, but a lot of it, that the owner of that property can choose at any time to shut down that trail due to noise levels, so that trail is lost....roads do not get shut down due to noise, up to the police to enforce based on the laws of the road & not the trails, which does not happen all that often.
Cans in mountains is a different story, cans on Ontario trails is another one.
I am not a cop, not sure why it came across that way, just referenced something pertaining to this topic that an officer had clarified on many occasions, but that does mean a cop will not try to ticket you, but will it hold up in court. Just like hauling trailers and the laws, lots if misinformation out there and people getting tickets that are not truely valid.....interpretation of the law.

:favorites13:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
LOL....no, not at all.
LOTS of VERY STUPID laws here, as with many other places.

Like I said, the OPP officer I am referring too is part of a sledding forum, great guy, he asked his boss to start up a question & answer thread pertaining to our stupid laws to help people understand and stop being misinformed, eventually his boss's requested he stop his official responses due to the exposure, but he carried it on in an unofficial capacity, but references the letter of law in his responses.
If you sled in the Bancroft area, you might run into him, goes by the online name of Odot1 or Sean in real life....definitely one of the "good" cops.

Your example of sled noise vs. trucks/cars/bikes is flawed. Sled ride on private property, not all, but a lot of it, that the owner of that property can choose at any time to shut down that trail due to noise levels, so that trail is lost....roads do not get shut down due to noise, up to the police to enforce based on the laws of the road & not the trails, which does not happen all that often.
Cans in mountains is a different story, cans on Ontario trails is another one.
I am not a cop, not sure why it came across that way, just referenced something pertaining to this topic that an officer had clarified on many occasions, but that does mean a cop will not try to ticket you, but will it hold up in court. Just like hauling trailers and the laws, lots if misinformation out there and people getting tickets that are not truely valid.....interpretation of the law.

:favorites13:

Lol opps! I took the "this coming from a cop" to mean you were one. My bad lol!