Batter(y) Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So I'm switching over to a pair of 12v on the tongue and wondering why I shouldn't put the leftover Interstate srm-24 marine/rv in the Truck to better power the backpack. It's beating this OEM batt to death. Tell me why this won't work. Thanks.

"Oh, sweet debt. Thy name is Truck."

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
its do-able, but where do you plan to mount it? what alternator do you have in your truck?

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think marine/RV batteries have the CCA's to crank an engine over in cold weather, but that may well not apply to you. Marine/RV are deep cycle which will work, but aren't starting batteries per se.

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm switching over to a pair of 12v on the tongue and wondering why I shouldn't put the leftover Interstate srm-24 marine/rv in the Truck to better power the backpack. It's beating this OEM batt to death. Tell me why this won't work. Thanks.

On the tongue? Camper tongue? What's your goal ?
I will say running multiple batteries has both pros and cons. If one battery fails it kills the other & the weight issue. Multiple 6v for campers seem to be the hot set up

OP
OP
PippinAin'tEasy

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The original question dealt with putting a deep cycle (sic) battery in a truck. The situation has since matured leading me to officially declare this thread obsolete.