boss air suspension (load assist)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billyboy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's my mod I did this morning
IMG_0180.jpg
Drilled extra holes in the middle
IMG_0181.jpg
Grinded one side of the lip from the bump stop bracket
IMG_0183.jpg
It's not perfectly straight but it is way better than it was. Just gotta keep a close eye to make sure there is no rub

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I'm running 6psi at the moment. I have also decided to modify the bottom plate on the kit, I'll be drilling 2 extra holes in between the ones that are there already. Which will bring the bottom air bag a little closer to the spring and make it straighter.
It will put my mind more at ease

But you can also run them without any air also, which is why I decided to go with these in the first place

Okay, awesome I have one quick question did you install one or two air fitting to fill your bags?

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Here's my mod I did this morning
IMG_0180.jpg
Drilled extra holes in the middle
IMG_0181.jpg
Grinded one side of the lip from the bump stop bracket
IMG_0183.jpg
It's not perfectly straight but it is way better than it was. Just gotta keep a close eye to make sure there is no rub

Now that look good, I would feel good about this setup.

Billyboy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, awesome I have one quick question did you install one or two air fitting to fill your bags?

2, reason I went with 2 is it reduces body roll.. While 1air fitting lets the air travel between both air bags

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Now this is what I am tore between with, I have the Firestone that is ready to be install but I want to go with one Schrader valve fitting.

I have heard that what you have mention so I email Firestone and told him all I wanted to do is to tow my TT or a 5th Wheel if I get it, I also told him that when I load my truck I load it evenly.

The guy at Firestone said that I can do that, it's not like I have a race car driving around the curve like a crazy man and a high speed so the answer was that I can do it that way. I have heard that those that done it don't have any problem with it but I guess that I'm putting too much thought into through. Thank you for your answer, now did you put your schrader valve fitting on the license plate or the wheel well?

Billyboy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now this is what I am tore between with, I have the Firestone that is ready to be install but I want to go with one Schrader valve fitting.

I have heard that what you have mention so I email Firestone and told him all I wanted to do is to tow my TT or a 5th Wheel if I get it, I also told him that when I load my truck I load it evenly.

The guy at Firestone said that I can do that, it's not like I have a race car driving around the curve like a crazy man and a high speed so the answer was that I can do it that way. I have heard that those that done it don't have any problem with it but I guess that I'm putting too much thought into through. Thank you for your answer, now did you put your schrader valve fitting on the license plate or the wheel well?

I know what you mean by over-thinking cuz I do that all the time. I put my shrader valves on the license plate. I thought it would be more practical and simpler. But I suppose to each their own!!

Firestone do have a point but in my mind if I were to load my truck with a heavy load, I want less roll as possible when taking a corner

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
I put my Schrader valves to ether side of the license plate. Just didn't think having to clean mud or tar, or whatever off the valve when I go to air them up. No matter what the brand, think you will pleased with having the leveling ability even though the stock suspension will handle the load.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I still have them in the garage and I'm waiting to install them, it's down in the teens here and will be most of all this week, so it get kind of cold in the garage. I guess that about time I finally get to install these bags I should make up my mind on what I want to do, probably do two Schrader valve.

Billyboy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still have them in the garage and I'm waiting to install them, it's down in the teens here and will be most of all this week, so it get kind of cold in the garage. I guess that about time I finally get to install these bags I should make up my mind on what I want to do, probably do two Schrader valve.

So did you get to installing them BigDaddy ?

MassGio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My question is if you don't install the compressor what are you doing to fill the bags?

I use my truck to haul my travel trailer to my hunting zone and then unhook and go hunting. I would need to inflate for the trailer and would have to deflate to go hunting but then I would need to inflate when hooked back up to my trailer. I would need to find a gas station or carry a portable compressor.

Is anyone else in this same scenario?

yohan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 ST Quad 4x4
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
My question is if you don't install the compressor what are you doing to fill the bags?

I use my truck to haul my travel trailer to my hunting zone and then unhook and go hunting. I would need to inflate for the trailer and would have to deflate to go hunting but then I would need to inflate when hooked back up to my trailer. I would need to find a gas station or carry a portable compressor.

Is anyone else in this same scenario?

It's the same valve as what's on your tires. I use an air compressor at home and have no need to deflate... depending on the lift you could just drive the truck hunting with a jacked up back end ?? :happy107: Or , buy a cheap 12v cig lighter plug in tire filler.. that'll give you enough pressure to lift the back end after your hunt. Maybe get a 7 way to 12-v plug adapter to make it easy.

yohan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
Just want to chime in here, I bought the boss air suspension kit from Home , the kit that I have differs from what people have received above. I didn't have holes in my kit to put bolts through, I slide my suspension in from the middle and the bolts on the spring side with a washer and lock nut. The tops are also offset and I rotated so the bag is farthest from the spring. I got the exact same kit that's in the Youtube video so I think that the newer revision will end the issue with offset bags.

The kit seemed quality but I noticed that on the bags seemed to be rippled and uneven around the mounting plates, one side seemed really easy to tighten down almost completely flush but instructions (the video) say to leave 1-2mm all the way around.

I have 20 psi em in now , lifted the back end a couple of inches and will check on them tomorrow and see if I've lost air - if I have, then its soap check time.

Looking forward to tossing on the TruckCamper and comparing from the AirMax 1000 ... FYI, anyone uninstalling the Airmax 1000 in coil bladders, #1 you're gonna have to take your springs out ... jack up, take off the tire, put a jack under the axle, undo the lower shock bolt and the upper sway bar bolt , lean on the brake rotor a bit and you'll get the spring out. My airmax 1000 bags swelled and they were NOT going to come out easy. I used a pry bar to shrink em down (careful not to mark them up) eventually got them folder and flipped the spring upside down and hammered it out with the handle end of the pry bar to push it through. I did notice that all the paint inside of my springs has worn off so I'll need to touch them up with some spray ....

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Any of you Boss air bag owners running them empty when the truck is not loaded? How is the ride?

yohan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
Any of you Boss air bag owners running them empty when the truck is not loaded? How is the ride?

Rough AF ... I left mine the past couple times after hauling, rides smoothed out but I also have Hellwig Swaybar which I'm sure attributed to much of the hard slam on divits in the road.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
I can't run them empty, there is not room for any axle travel. If I hit a bump when they are empty I almost run of the road. I need to raise the rear about 4" to have a drivable truck...

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
The support from Boss has been ZERO, no answer on email/Facebook or here. They suck!

The eBay seller has been somewhat helpful, I will try their Coil replacement kit ( I reuse the airbags) If that fails I will throw in the towel

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I tried running empty yeah they bang hard so I am running about 5 psi most of the harshness is gone except for really bad holes or bumps.

tim57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
This is my set up, Boss airbags with daystar cradles. I run without any air when not towing.

SAM_0787.JPG

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
I run 5 lbs the ride is good.
So better than 16 days ago!??

I tried running empty yeah they bang hard so I am running about 5 psi most of the harshness is gone except for really bad holes or bumps.

Good for you, I have taking them of at the moment and WOW, the nice ride is back! What a difference!