Brake controller location question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bearxfoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm currently leasing a 2014 Ram. I got it for the sole purpose of hauling and the dealer knew this, sadly they didn't have any with the factory brake controller on the lot that matched everything else we wanted (like price), so we have to install one ourselves.

The issue is that I don't want to drill holes in this truck as I'm not sure if we'll buy it at the end of the lease.

Anybody have any good ideas as to where - and how - to mount a brake controller without damaging the vehicle so I can avoid any fees??

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Is there anywhere you can put it on the underside of a panel. On my Silverado I put mine on the bottom of the dash where the screws I used you would have to get completely under the dash to see it when and if I took it out to see the 2 small screw holes. Or just use double sided tape. Some of that stuff is like super glue.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II...

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I mounted mine to the screw that holds the lower dash panel under the steering wheel, right beside the obd2 port. Not the best location but it didn't require any drilling. Mounting the bracket with just 1 screw allowed me to rotate it out of the way when I needed access to the obd2 port.

tap tap tappa-roo

OP
OP
B

bearxfoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Tomorrow I'll check and see if there is any place where I can not drill into any plastic, under a panel or something. I haven't looked much under that area but everything seems REALLY tight, lol.

Can suggestions for velcro? I tried looking at Lowes and didn't find anything useful. Will it leave and residue?

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I got some at ace hardware. They sell it by the foot. Might take a little cleaning after removal to get it all off but goo gone does great things. I personally dont see it being an issue.

OP
OP
B

bearxfoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks! I will check there!!