brake controller question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
last month i purchased a '16 Ram 1500 ecodiesel. I have a buddy who's family owns a camper/RV dealer and he's asked if I'd be interested in delivering campers or moving them when they do RV shows. Obviously, I'll need a brake controller for this.

While I'd like to have a factory controller, I can do the same thing for 1/3 of the price. Do the aftermarket controllers like the Tekonsha have to be permanently mounted? Could I plug it in while I'm using it and then unplug it and store it in the glove compartment, etc?

Is the Tekonsha a good controller? What would you recommend?

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
last month i purchased a '16 Ram 1500 ecodiesel. I have a buddy who's family owns a camper/RV dealer and he's asked if I'd be interested in delivering campers or moving them when they do RV shows. Obviously, I'll need a brake controller for this.

While I'd like to have a factory controller, I can do the same thing for 1/3 of the price. Do the aftermarket controllers like the Tekonsha have to be permanently mounted? Could I plug it in while I'm using it and then unplug it and store it in the glove compartment, etc?

Is the Tekonsha a good controller? What would you recommend?

You certainly can unplug and stow when not in use, but the mount will still be there. They also don't work with the factory antisway and stability control systems like the factory controllers.
You have to be careful about what you hitch up to the ecodiesel. The payload capacity is low, and doesn't leave you room for lots of tongue weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk