Brake pad and rotor question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outkast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm in need of replacing my brake pads but my rotors are in good shape. Here's my question I've always ran ceramic pads in the past on other trucks and absolutely love the fact I could put 100k on them and not worry one time about them. I'm thinking of replacing the rotors with some slotted and maybe drilled rotors. I pull my 36' TT with this truck also. Has anyone used the EBC pads and rotors? Or does anyone suggest something else. I do have aftermarket rims and I'm thinking of stepping up to a 34" or 35" tire soon.

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oem rotors are the best you can get .save your money. I like the solid feel of ceramic pads. Some say their hard on rotors (which I can believe if their China ) I had good luck with oem rotors and ceramic pads . Any other combs I've tried didn't last
Good luck

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads would be the opposite of what you want on a tow vehicle. a quality oem replacement rotor and semi-metallic pad would be the way to go.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads would be the opposite of what you want on a tow vehicle. a quality oem replacement rotor and semi-metallic pad would be the way to go.

agreed. OEM should be vented and more than enough cooling without removing braking surface area and possibly some modulation feel by having drilled out holes or to a lesser extent, slots in the rotors. Save the dough and spend it on quality semi-metallic pads. generically speaking, they'll transfer heat better and have a better initial bite than ceramics.