Buying this TT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
If your ac unit is 13500 btu you can probably run it but not much more than that. And if using an extension cord make sure it's at least 12ga. due to voltage drop. Low voltage is a killer on ac units.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yes, it is 13,500 btu but we want need it in Sioux, IA in the middle of October.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
It's a 50 amp, all I want to do is run the lights and maybe microwave from time to time and maybe the heater furance.
https://www.amazon.com/NU-SET-dogbo...156759&sr=1-3&keywords=50amp+to+15amp+adapter
What do you guys think about using this, so should I consider this?

Yes on the dogbone adapter. The little plastic ones the dealer gives you is a piece of garbage.

I use the same dogbone when I plug in at home. I made up a 50' 10g extention cord to make it to the house. I only run lights when home. Never had the need for the micro, as I have one in the house.

Your furnace shouldn't be a issue as it runs on propane.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
DB, very jealous of your new trailer. It looks great. You mentioned several pages ago that your grey tank was filling up quickly. What about your Black Tank? This forum steered me to IRV2.com where I have learned a lot. Seen this topic in the past and what others mentioned was to do your dishes in a plastic tub filled with water for rinsing or washing and when done dump it down the toilet. Any little bit helps if your black tank is large enough. Go check out that it is a good one.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even better take it outside and dump it. After dark in those snobby places.
My CTC (cargo trailer conversion) my grey drains on the ground! Or I can hook it up to my portable waste tank, in those snobby places. But your black tank does need enough liquid in it. The liquid helps break up solids and keeps clumps from sticking, clogging.
Also if your site has full hook ups - keep your black water in your holding tank until it's nearly full then open valve. Allow it to empty you can flush some water down then close valve. One of the reasons for doing this is usually the liquids drain away from the solids.Leaving the solids behind to stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Grey tank woes...

Have you mastered the art of the RV Shower? Turn water on, set the temp, then use the on/off slider on the head to turn off water. Hop in and slide water on to wet body. Slide off water and soap up. Slide on water to rinse off. When rinsed turn off water at the knobs.

For our 3 yr old we have a plastic tote that we carry all their swimming accessories in. We empty it, put it in floor of the shower and put about 3" of water in it so she can take a bath. When she is done we can carry the tote outside and dump it to conserve tank space.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Black tank woes...

I know of some people who don't use the dump stations at the camp site. They will instead travel a distance or even home before dumping to let the sloshing soften the solids. Some even dump their ice down the toilet before leaving to help. Don't know if it actually works, but the theory seems solid. <-- weak pun intended.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
DB, very jealous of your new trailer. It looks great. You mentioned several pages ago that your grey tank was filling up quickly. What about your Black Tank? This forum steered me to IRV2.com where I have learned a lot. Seen this topic in the past and what others mentioned was to do your dishes in a plastic tub filled with water for rinsing or washing and when done dump it down the toilet. Any little bit helps if your black tank is large enough. Go check out that it is a good one.

Thank you sir it took me about 20+ years to get it, the black tank was't a problem it was just the gray water tank, I went back to the dealer and he gave my a cap that have a screw piece on it that I can attach a water hose to it and let the water go out of the hose. This is it https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39463-...id=1474279643&sr=8-84&keywords=rv+accessories but I still might buy a 25 gallons tote but for now I think that this will work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Black tank woes...

I know of some people who don't use the dump stations at the camp site. They will instead travel a distance or even home before dumping to let the sloshing soften the solids. Some even dump their ice down the toilet before leaving to help. Don't know if it actually works, but the theory seems solid. <-- weak pun intended.

Hmmm, I have to search this out because I have heard that ice don't work like some people make out to be. The shower we use the one that they have setup there at the site, they build a new facilities there, all new, well at this camp site anyway. Planning on going back to the same place again but if they are full theirs a place about a mile from there that we can go to and they have full hookup and to let your black water out.

Last edited:

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI
You do not need to buy that expensive RV toilet paper. Just a septic safe TP. Do not flush personal wipes or diaper wipes.
As for adding ice, no need if you've used enough water when flushing. Plus I don't believe it works.
We do add a small amount of chemical for odor. But other than that nothing special, never a problem. I've read numerous black tank "tips". Including adding dish soap and liquid fabric softener. Liquid fabric softener is something I don't use even at home. I've seen what it's done to my washer, and my septic system. They coagulate and do not easily break down.
Camping is different than RVing. Camping you can do with less, getting away from it. RVing is about take IT all with you not having to do with less.
Drittal
That's known as a military shower!

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thank you sir it took me about 20+ years to get it, the black tank was't a problem it was just the gray water tank, I went back to the dealer and he gave my a cap that have a screw piece on it that I can attach a water hose to it and let the water go out of the hose. This is it https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39463-...id=1474279643&sr=8-84&keywords=rv+accessories but I still might buy a 25 gallons tote but for now I think that this will work.

Be aware, most if not all CG's frown on dumping gray water on the ground. After awhile, the gray tank can smell just as bad as the black tank. Food particles breaking down can get very stinky.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
FYI
You do not need to buy that expensive RV toilet paper. Just a septic safe TP. Do not flush personal wipes or diaper wipes.
As for adding ice, no need if you've used enough water when flushing. Plus I don't believe it works.
We do add a small amount of chemical for odor. But other than that nothing special, never a problem. I've read numerous black tank "tips". Including adding dish soap and liquid fabric softener. Liquid fabric softener is something I don't use even at home. I've seen what it's done to my washer, and my septic system. They coagulate and do not easily break down.
Camping is different than RVing. Camping you can do with less, getting away from it. RVing is about take IT all with you not having to do with less.
Drittal
That's known as a military shower!

I'm glad that you mention about the septic safe TP, because my daughter bought some for use and said that someone told her that it was safe to use and I said no way because it didn't have rv TP.

I appreciated the advice because I don't know anything about RV'ing but I'm learning.

Be aware, most if not all CG's frown on dumping gray water on the ground. After awhile, the gray tank can smell just as bad as the black tank. Food particles breaking down can get very stinky.

Okay, I see what you mean and I do agree, I will still pick up that 25 gallons tote for sure but this will give me a little time before we go back out again. Their is a place not too far from were we were at have everything right at the site.

When you setup all of the hook up is right there, even the sewer hook up but it do cost a little more but it's doer-able.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bigdaddy
Does your TT have an outdoor shower? Kids? = less grey[emoji106].[emoji6].

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
No sir,no outside shower or kichen, we are retired and all the kids are gone,:happy107:

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No sir,no outside shower or kichen, we are retired and all the kids are gone,:happy107:

No Sir's here Bigdaddy[emoji15]!
I hadn't looked at the pic's of your TT until after I posted. It didn't look like a family camper but rather a retiree home away from home.
Is your usage going to be longer than weekenders and short vacations ?

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Yes, we like to go at least a week on a trip when we do take it out, we was planning to take it to Sioux, IA to visit a good friend of ours. She wanted me to preach at her 50th church anniversary in late October but that have change now.

We are still going, we have other people in my church are going to drive also so we decide not to take it but maybe next year to run a revival at her church.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45