Crew Cab with long bed or short?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Not to change subjects but there's a company that streches the frame and adds a 8ft bed to the mega cab it is super long.

That is the most bada$$ truck! Love the look!

Uaintlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to change subjects but there's a company that streches the frame and adds a 8ft bed to the mega cab it is super long.

these look so good..
but must so hard to park!

billa9b0ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 SLT CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 6ft but if I were buying a new rig I would probably go with an 8. Even with the 6 now it's not like parking is easy, I usually end up out at the end of the lot.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
these look so good..
but must so hard to park!

If you already drive a CC long bed it isnt much longer. Id LOVE one of those trucks!! It would just bairly fit in my garage but it would fit. There would be no waking around it. LOL.

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 Factors made me go 6.5, plowing driveways (the shorter the better) and parking in my garage :) If I needed my truck for work (contractor for instance), I'd definitely go 8'.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
this is why I will only get a CC, 8 foot bed. I HATE having to improvise on how to carry long things. JMO. To me, the extra length ( see my avatar , LOL) it is worth its weight in gold.

Attachments

• short bed.jpg
    short bed.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 54

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a 6ft but if I were buying a new rig I would probably go with an 8. Even with the 6 now it's not like parking is easy, I usually end up out at the end of the lot.

If I had it to do again, I would order the long bed CC so I didn't have to run a sliding fifth wheel hitch. It clucks too much and I would love to put my B&W 3600 back in the truck but I'm tired of bangin my truck cab with the fiver's cap (twice now).

this is why I will only get a CC, 8 foot bed. I HATE having to improvise on how to carry long things. JMO. To me, the extra length ( see my avatar , LOL) it is worth its weight in gold.

I get it but with the load in the picture, another foot and half isn't going to make a difference.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
If I had it to do again, I would order the long bed CC so I didn't have to run a sliding fifth wheel hitch. It clucks too much and I would love to put my B&W 3600 back in the truck but I'm tired of bangin my truck cab with the fiver's cap (twice now).

I get it but with the load in the picture, another foot and half isn't going to make a difference.

dont forget the tailgate adds about 2 feet too.:naughty: thats a lot of extra support. I had a pile of 12 foot 6x6's in it last weekend. tailgate down and no worries.