Detached Trailer Dummy Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
This was a first for me today - I guess I've never unhooked my 5th wheel while leaving the truck running but did today and noticed a red trailer with a slash through it light on my dash. I should have taken a picture.

So, is this to alert the driver that the trailer is GONE!!!!?????? Like, not attached to the truck any longer?????

Holy ****.... if this light ever alerts someone to a situation that has taken place there aren't words that fit. "Did you feel something honey?" "Nope, everything seems okay. Well, hold on, this light on the dash just lit up. Hmmm, I'm not sure. Oh, wait, I see what it is. The trailer fell off the truck."

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It lets you know if there is a problem with the electric brakes.....

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The trailer plug can come undone without the trailer coming detached. It's to let you know there's a problem when you're cruising down the road. Would be nice to know if your brakes are disconnected before coming up to a large downhill grade.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
It lets you know if there is a problem with the electric brakes.....

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

This is accurate

OP
OP
M

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Alright, I have renewed faith in humanity then :)

But how is this different than the warning that flashes on the DIC?