Draw Tite Ultra Frame Class 5 hitch installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DamnRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When I bought my 2016 Express Hemi CC 4x4 last month I was stuck with ththe choice of buying a truck with less options then I wanted and being able to afford it or not getting a truck at all.

I choose the truck with less options. Which meant that my truck is an Express model with the Hemi and 8 speed and 3:21 gears open diff.

I figure I can add the towing package myself.

I was going to buy the Mopar hitch or curt hitch but being a bolt on variation they are only a class 3 hitch. Knowing we want a camper and a personal tractor/backhoe some day I opted for the Draw Tite Untraframe class 5 hitch.

It's a beautifully built heavy duty trailer hitch and install was pretty easy though it's an EXTREMELY tight fit inside the Oem bumper bar/hitch. My brother in law and I installed it within an hours time with basic tools. I think it looks great and will stand up to what ever I pull with it.

With a load distribution hitch it's rated for 15k lbs which I doubt I'll ever come close to.

Next I'm buying the Oem electric trailer brake controller which I have the proper plugs for and then towing mirrors now that I know what codes to have flashed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 91