Egged class V

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just inspected my 2014 2500 and found the class V receiver is egged out. I cant even get the class IV adapter out now. I purchased the pin from the dealer were I bought the truck. I only pull may TT that is under 8000 Lbs. loaded. (yes I weighed it) Anybody else having this problem?

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The pin hole?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you using wdh with the adaptor?

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know the adaptor pin hole is elongated vertically from the factory. Is yours being elongated vertically?

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I know the adaptor pin hole is elongated vertically from the factory. Is yours being elongated vertically?

I cant get the adaptor out of the class V as it is the class V that is elongated vertically.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if the extra slack by running the adaptor with the WDH and normal use places a lot of stress on the pin without the adaptor helping since it's pin hole is elongated similarly.

I've read that we shouldn't be using adaptors with WDH, but many refute it.

Hopefully yours isn't related, but that would definitely worry me.

Do you ever feel like there is excessive motion, jerking, or porpoising when you tow?

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sidebar: are the IV adapters actually adapters? Held mine up to a 1500 and it looks for all the world like an unwelded receiver. Re OP's post can you see the bow out in the steel or is the adapter just stuck? Mine likes to grip inside more often than not. It's usually the paint that likes to hold after I've been running the WDH. Couple of mallet taps pops it free. Good luck with the conundrum.

"Oh, sweet debt. Thy name is Truck."

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just inspected my 2014 2500 and found the class V receiver is egged out. I cant even get the class IV adapter out now. I purchased the pin from the dealer were I bought the truck. I only pull may TT that is under 8000 Lbs. loaded. (yes I weighed it) Anybody else having this problem?

I have been told you will bend pins using the adapter . So this would go along with your problem. I'll see if this happens to me

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have been told you will bend pins using the adapter . So this would go along with your problem. I'll see if this happens to me
Has anyone ever seen a bent pin, even under extreme (conventional towing) conditions? Ain't saying I've towed a lot of stuff but I have towed a bunch of stuff and never have I beheld such an event.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I wonder if the extra slack by running the adaptor with the WDH and normal use places a lot of stress on the pin without the adaptor helping since it's pin hole is elongated similarly.

I've read that we shouldn't be using adaptors with WDH, but many refute it.

Hopefully yours isn't related, but that would definitely worry me.

Do you ever feel like there is excessive motion, jerking, or porpoising when you tow?

I went through the owners manual and looked online and can find nothing about not using the WDH with the adaptor. I hope I wouldn't need to buy a class V hitch assembly to tow my camper.

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone ever seen a bent pin, even under extreme (conventional towing) conditions? Ain't saying I've towed a lot of stuff but I have towed a bunch of stuff and never have I beheld such an event.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

I'll let you see it after I cut it in two or three pcs in a couple wks so I can remove it ; ) .
Sorry I spend too much time on the towing webs

Check my post going from class 4 to 5

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've read about a vent pin at RV.net, never seen one.