Enclosed Car Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I have it set as loose as it can go (which should be for 600 TW according to Husky). I figured since its under 5k empty it would be fine to tow it empty without the WDH. Haven't been to the scale yet, but according to the LOOK brochure, it's 410 TW. I'm sure it doesn't account for any of the upgrades. The title states that it's 4,130 unloaded, brochure states it 3,680. I'm taking it to the scales tomorrow since I'm going to the track Saturday. I'll post the the real weight tomorrow.
This may be a good tool for you in your quest to find the right tension to set your wdh at:
https://www.etrailer.com/p-5780.html

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
EJR_3

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
its fine to tow empty, but for some reason your sway control is not working well when set up empty, which may be why you are feeling the wind effects.
After re-reading my WDH manual, it looks like I have the mounts on the frame is set too low. More than likely I wasn't getting enough tension on my bars to prevent the sway.
This may be a good tool for you in your quest to find the right tension to set your wdh at:
https://www.etrailer.com/p-5780.html

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks, I've been looking at that for a while and was debating on it. I ordered it Monday, should be here next week. I hit the CAT scale this past weekend with the trailer loaded and empty. My trailer loaded was actually a little bit lighter than I expected. Going to order the lighter trunnion bars, but want to hit the scale again soon without the trailer.

OP
OP
EJR_3

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My issue is all sorted out, that you all.

Now, bumping and making this an enclosed car trailer thread. Post up your setups!

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the follow up. Can't help add to a car trailer thread, but I do tow a 14 foot enclosed motorcycle trailer. :)

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Bump for more trailers, motorcycle trailers included :favorites13:
Did you ever decide on a winch setup? If so, what did you go with and how do you like it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
EJR_3

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Did you ever decide on a winch setup? If so, what did you go with and how do you like it?

Going with the portable Superwinch mentioned earlier. Ordering it on black friday.

Bgeise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best Enclosed 36’ two car trailer?

I am looking to pull a 36’ V-nose Enclosed trailer with two cars in it. Twice a year from Michigan to Florida. What is the best Enclosed trailer manufacture? I am thinking aluminum if possible to save the weight.

Pulling with 1500 Crewcab 4x4 5.7 Hemi with tow package.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I am looking to pull a 36’ V-nose Enclosed trailer with two cars in it. Twice a year from Michigan to Florida. What is the best Enclosed trailer manufacture? I am thinking aluminum if possible to save the weight.

Pulling with 1500 Crewcab 4x4 5.7 Hemi with tow package.
You are joking, right? If not, then you're going to want a heavier-duty tow vehicle. My 28' all-aluminum Haulmark weighs 4k empty, so you're probably looking at 5k or so empty for that size trailer... if you go with all aluminum. Unless you're putting two clown cars in it, I wouldn't even consider trying it with a 1500.
As far as manufacturers go, ATC, Featherlite, Haulmark, or any other well-known brand will serve you well. Plan on spending $20k+ for a good one, depending on options.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Yeah, i would not haul that with a 1500. And that is a LONG drive.

bluefishgary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hi, Ok so I have a Big trailer 34 ft 3 axle car trailer with living quarters in the front, 60 gal of water, sink, shower & toilet. Truck is a 15 DRW 3500 pulles like a dream. No sway. The truck is used for the trailer ONLY,not a DD. Have about 35,000 miles on this combo.
The trailer is a bumper pull.Some speck on trailer. Brakes all axles stops on a dine. A/C , Winch 4,000 to get car in and out. Plenty of cabnets in trailer.
Spair tire in floor. Rubber coin floor. vent in car portion,no gas order.
16 inch tires.
Had a 24 ft trailer but wife wanter a bath room so who am i to say no.

Gary A