Factory Trailer Brake Controller ADDED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can any 2013 Ram owners tell me where the plugs are. Everyone says under kick panel on left side of steering column. I don't have anything there but I do have 4 open bundled plugs coming out from under my center instrument panel near my AC controls. Two of the plugs look like the right ones for the back of the controller. I'm confused as no one has mentioned them being here.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Those should be the right plugs. For the '13s Ram moved the factory brake controller from the left side of the lower dash to the center console.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I haven't listed it yet but I plan on putting my trailer brake controller up in the classified section. I bought it for my 2012 1500, used it once and traded the truck in for my 2500. It comes with a bezel /frame for a dark gray interior. If anyone needs it keep an eye on the classified section. I haven't taken the photo with my name and date to list it so it will have to wait until I get home.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are these the plugs?

Attachments

• 20130919_104112.jpg
    20130919_104112.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,009

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
My best guess would be yes but since you have a 13 anything could be different. If you get a chance swing by a dealership and ask someone. It never hurts or costs anything to pick someone's brain. Either way, once you install a brake controller your vehicle computer has to be flashed so the truck recognizes it. The cost of actually installing it might be included in that cost. You'll be saving yourself a lot of aggravation to get it done correctly the first time.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

TomR00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Newb here.

I just installed the Factory Controller on my 2013 1500 Crew Cab.

Yes those are the correct connectors, located just in front of the gas pedal behind the removable panel at the drivers knees. They are usually wrapped with grey foam tape for protection. One large 4 pin (White/Grey) and One large 10 pin (Yellow/Grey) connector, these plug into the main module that you will mount. There is also another small 10 pin connector plugged into a dummy switch panel on the center stack where the stabilizer and tow/haul switches are located.
Install isn't to bad just takes time and getting under that dash on the drivers side is pretty tough unless you are small. The module bracket that gets installed just above the gas pedal is almost impossible to install. I ended up only using the bottom most screw and drilled the one with the bracket ear from the front just to get two screws at least to hold the bracket. Pulling that center stack bezel off the first time is a little tricky, but once you get it started and carefully pull a little at a time worked ok.

Now I guess I need to get to a dealer to get the flash done.

TomR00

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I have a like New factory brake controller in the classified section for $170 shipped if anyone is interested...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro!