First time pulling.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muzupan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's promising. Thanks. We're taking a hard look at a Jayco Octane 222, 5313lbs dry. Like everyone else with a half-ton, I'm bouncing off GCWR when loaded with passengers in the truck and all the other essentials for towing.

Don’t forget about payload weight so you’re not over the gross vehicle weight of your truck

muzupan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll be honest, I'm going off the brochure on the camper numbers. The dealer said the loaded 7800 number would be considered all tanks full and normal belongings and such for the camper sleep number. He could of been blowing smoke. I forget what the tradesman # is, I'll have to look that one up again. I know my cargo is 1470.

Look on the side of your camper there should be a yellow sticker and or maybe inside the camper it will have your gross vehicle weight that your trailer is allowed to carry which includes contents and water.

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Don’t forget about payload weight so you’re not over the gross vehicle weight of your truck

Thanks. I'm ok there, and within the tow capacity, but at or above GCWR if I load a bike more than 500lbs in the toyhauler.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Look good, happy camping.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Very nice looking rig 911, congrats, enjoy but be careful. That's a big trailer for a half ton truck. You should scale it to be sure your not over your trucks payload limit loaded. You can find that number on the yellow sticker in the drivers door jamb area.

Remember, most st rated trailer tires are speed limited to 65mph, so I'd not exceed that, personally or you can overheat then and they can fail. Good luck.

OP
OP

911ems

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look on the side of your camper there should be a yellow sticker and or maybe inside the camper it will have your gross vehicle weight that your trailer is allowed to carry which includes contents and water.

Just found that, didn't realize it'd be there.
So my dry weight is 6241.
Contents allows 1020lbs plus another 365 in water for a total weight just under 7700. I was surprised to see that the trailer came with dual 3500lb axles on a trailer made to load 7700 :/ they must account for the truck taking some of that in tongue weight?

OP
OP

911ems

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice looking rig 911, congrats, enjoy but be careful. That's a big trailer for a half ton truck. You should scale it to be sure your not over your trucks payload limit loaded. You can find that number on the yellow sticker in the drivers door jamb area.

Remember, most st rated trailer tires are speed limited to 65mph, so I'd not exceed that, personally or you can overheat then and they can fail. Good luck.

Yea I've been on the FR forums for quite awhile and learned about the "china bomb" tires. It'll get a good set of Goodyear endurance tires in the spring, still researching what ply and rating to put on them.

OP
OP

911ems

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
92d8dccf79c995000e2ec9c5eca307a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muzupan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just found that, didn't realize it'd be there.
So my dry weight is 6241.
Contents allows 1020lbs plus another 365 in water for a total weight just under 7700. I was surprised to see that the trailer came with dual 3500lb axles on a trailer made to load 7700 :/ they must account for the truck taking some of that in tongue weight?

Yes it does. The GVWR of 7732 pounds it the total wight of trailer and contents, that inculdes tongue weight, too.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Yea I've been on the FR forums for quite awhile and learned about the "china bomb" tires. It'll get a good set of Goodyear endurance tires in the spring, still researching what ply and rating to put on them.

nice! Excellent choice, from what I've read, made in the usa and very good construction. my rig will be getting a set when the time comes

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L

nice! Excellent choice, from what I've read, made in the usa and very good construction. my rig will be getting a set when the time comes

muzupan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I have the goodyear tires in my new trailer. They are rated for 87 miles per hour. They seem very well made and my trailer handled well for the short trip I took last week.

OP
OP

911ems

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the goodyear tires in my new trailer. They are rated for 87 miles per hour. They seem very well made and my trailer handled well for the short trip I took last week.

Good to know! Not that I wanna go 87, but I want a good tire that I'm not maxing out by just going 65 with a safely loaded rig. Been also looking at a tpms system that you can read from the truck. Anything to keep from blowing a tire and sitting on the side of the road with a damaged rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk