First Time Towing - What Do I Need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillips66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me know how you do an our trip to texas. I will be taking my son to Texas A&M from Lansing Michigan pulling the same u-haul 6X12 inclosed trailer with my new 2013 Ram bighorn 1500. I have pulled quads on a three place trailer in the past but this will be new to me pulling something that big. I don't see any problems but you never know.

OP
OP
E

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
Let me know how you do an our trip to texas. I will be taking my son to Texas A&M from Lansing Michigan pulling the same u-haul 6X12 inclosed trailer with my new 2013 Ram bighorn 1500. I have pulled quads on a three place trailer in the past but this will be new to me pulling something that big. I don't see any problems but you never know.

Roger that - I'll let you know. Should be a few months from now when I make the trip.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So you know and to ease your mind the trailer you are towing will be handled easy with you Ram. I moved my sister and towed a 24 footer back and forth for a weekend about 1000 miles and no problems at all. You will probably want a ball setup like Reese Towpower 21512 Multiple-Ball Ball Mount : Amazon.com : Automotive which you can get at Walmart it will allow you to tow whatever you need and when you load the truck and trailer down it will be nice height.