Fwiw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
A 6.4l CC/SRW 3500 SB 3.73 can accelerate on a 7% grade when loaded to within ~#1k of GCVWR. Not quickly, mind you, but damned if it won't none the less. Surprising. Truly expected it to flatten out around 40 or tach out if coaxed a bit too hard.

"Oh, sweet debt. Thy name is Truck."

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep, I'm under about the same load with the same truck and gears. You think it's going to flatten out but it just keeps going. I've found second gear to be an absolute beast on steep mountain highway grades. You can pretty much name your speed quickly once you get over 50.

Cpylot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
Nice Info!

Picked mine up on Friday night, won't be doing any towing until the recommended 500 miles are on it, then a little work out with around 12k behind it in the 50 mph range. Won't be able to really see what it will do until I get it over 1000 miles. If yours is doing that well with 3.73s, I should be good to go with the 4.10s.
Still haven't seen an extended 7% grade for me to worry about in FL :)