Which gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sevensix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
There have been discussions about the 2013 1500 axle gearing, is it 3.21 or 3.55? The window sticker says my truck is equipped with 3.55 gears and this was verified not to be accurate. The label on the axle housing states 3.21. With the 8 speed tranny this is not a problem nor do I intend to tow anything, just used occasionally for home chores and camping, I do expect favorable fuel mileage with the 3.21 gear set. Full disclosure would have been the principled choice, but in my case no harm done. I enjoy driving my Chrysler with a bed in back.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Welcome. Glad to hear you are happy with your RAM. Are you still confused as to which gears you have?

OP
OP
S

sevensix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
3.21 axle

One more time under the truck this morning to verify axle gearing (and photo of the axle tag before it disintegrates) there is no question it is a 3.21 axle. With my style of driving this is good for me and fuel mileage. Thanks for asking.
-sevensix