Guess I'm going camping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
My wife has told me for 20 years she doesn't camp. 2 weekends ago she and her girlfriend went to one of those parking lot sales and decided hay these things are why nicer than when she camped 45 years ago.
So last weekend we bought a Forest River Micro Lite 25'. It was a real surprise to me. Got a good deal and the place through in the hitch, equalizer and trailer brakes.
Will get it this Friday.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
congrats. I was in a similar situation as you. Wife got the bug for camping all of the sudden we were shopping for popup campers. It took me almost a year to finally talk her out of it and go with a full (hard side) trailer. ended up with a little 19 footer.

now, get ready for all of the shopping that goes along with your new camper.... Dishes, clothes hangers, all the little chairs, tables, outdoor mats, ice chest, etc etc etc... On my end, I made a "go bag" of tools that lives in the trailer.

have fun!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Nice, congrats! Camping is great!

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea thats the whole reason I bought a new 2500 a month ago. We had bought a new Shasta last September and took it out once with the 2013 ford 1/2 ton and realized I wanted a bigger truck for more safety margin. Going up to WV next week with it, and in may and June down tot he beach and probably several trips locally within 1.5 hours or so over the summer.

IM having a hard time with it honestly, we are tent campers, have been all our lives and like primitive camping away from other folks.. However an incident 2 years ago with a drunk idiot assaulting his wife and threatening to kill her and the cops coming etc got my then 10 yr old daughter worried about being in a tent with only a zipper between her and the outside world. So we bought a camper so she would continue to enjoy camping.

Ledawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
However an incident 2 years ago with a drunk idiot assaulting his wife and threatening to kill her and the cops coming etc got my then 10 yr old daughter worried about being in a tent with only a zipper between her and the outside world. So we bought a camper so she would continue to enjoy camping.

We had this same situation right next to us many years ago. We also were tent camping. I didn't like the whole feel of it. Up till all hours listening to music that was way too loud. We gave up the tent for a popup. That didn't last long before we bought one of these. small.jpg

Camping on the water basically. We really enjoy it.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
IM having a hard time with it honestly, we are tent campers, have been all our lives and like primitive camping away from other folks.. However an incident 2 years ago with a drunk idiot assaulting his wife and threatening to kill her and the cops coming etc got my then 10 yr old daughter worried about being in a tent with only a zipper between her and the outside world. So we bought a camper so she would continue to enjoy camping.

First time we went tent camping up at Old Forge I sat and watched as a fairly large black bear sniffed and scratched its way around the tent my wife and then 4yr old daughter were sleeping in. All I could think was if my daughter woke up she was gonna flip out and that would be the end of it. Surprisingly she never even knew it was there. It gets a little easier every year. This year we're bringing the 5'er though, just like the convenience of having showers, bath and kitchen readily available.

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the new TT!

BTW, when we moved to a TT we changed our terminology to 'Glamping' :happy107: Always loved tenting but there is nothing like the sound of silence when I close the TT door at night. I'm a light sleeper and it was a whole new world. Now with our upgraded mattress I sleep better camping than most nights at home. Here a good site to poke around https://www.rv.net/forum/

Have fun!

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think my biggest issue with it is the planning involved..Seems it's no problem to get space available in some huge campground where your literally bumping elbows with your neighbor, but trying to find good spots in state parks and other spacious sites usually involves a few months ahead reservations. seems like its hard anymore to think on Monday " gonna take off 1/2 the week and go camping" Cause you cant find anywhere to go cause its all booked up.. Can't seem to be as spontaneous is the old days..

The Heating, cooling, and microwave sure are nice though!

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Fantastic. Have fun camping.

I suggest a weekend "driveway" camping. Let's you learn the tt, and anything you might have forgotten, is only a short walk into the house.