help locking up trailer brakes with controller at 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey new poster , just picked up the truck used 2012 ram 3500 longhorn. I tow a small tandem axle utility trailer with almost no weight I set it at 3.0 like I had in my f 350 before and locked them. With the controller at 0.00 I still lock the tires at low speed in rush hour traffic. When I hit the brake it shows 10 ?? When I manual slide the bar nothing happens it only at low speeds like pulling up to a light etc?? I had to pull the cord today in traffic I was dragging the tires everywhere? Could it be the hill assist ?

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go into your EVIC (the screen in your dash behind the wheel) and see if the tow is set for "Heavy electric", and if so, change it to "Light electric", then find a setting that works for you.

OP
OP
R

Richard R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yeah its on light electric idk

h2oman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep. Your trailer is too light for heavy electric. Set to light electric and readjust your gain. You'll be gtg

OP
OP
R

Richard R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yup light and on 0 locks up tires at low speed at the controller reads 10 when breaks on

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Is your trailer hydraulic brakes?

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Maybe pull the battery cable and reset the computer leave it off for good 10 min. See if that does anything for you. Are you useing a wiring adapter? Such as a 6-7 way? You can always get a volt meter and check the output of your trailer plug on your truck. And does the truck have multiple plugs one in the bed for goosenecks? I'm wondering if someone messed up the wiring when installing the one in the bed (if there is one). Good luck sounds like a problem you will have to start from square one and check everything.