Just Complaining

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Why, oh why doesn't the truck go into Tow/Haul when you plug in a 7-pin. It should default to ON!

The rear parking sensors turn off when you plug up the 7-Pin

zflat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'd be happy if it'd just stay on when I turn the truck on and off! The parking sensors stay off even after you unplug the 7pin and recycle the truck.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rotflmao -
Send Chrysler a email- Maybe it will make it into the 2019 models lol

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'd be happy if it'd just stay on when I turn the truck on and off! The parking sensors stay off even after you unplug the 7pin and recycle the truck.

This has always driven me nuts as well. Having to constantly re-activate the tow/haul seems dumb. Also, just today I realized my backup sensors were still disabled after towing this weekend. It's scary how trusting I become of the backup sensors and camera.

Last edited:

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
I've got a couple different trailers. I wouldn't want my TH to come on all the time on one of them. If the other is empty, I don't want it on.

Leave the decision to me weather I need it or not.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've got a couple different trailers. I wouldn't want my TH to come on all the time on one of them. If the other is empty, I don't want it on.

x2. i dont always use tow/haul. dont see why it should default to on. the parking sensors makes perfect sense though.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see the big issue if it was able to stay on is it not being able to turn off manually, plus how hard is it to hit the tow haul button :roflsquared:

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
x2. i dont always use tow/haul. dont see why it should default to on. the parking sensors makes perfect sense though.

I see the big issue if it was able to stay on is it not being able to turn off manually, plus how hard is it to hit the tow haul button :roflsquared:

Agreed, I don't want it on. I find putting the truck in manual mode does a better job that Tow/Haul does. It doesn't give me any added features other than changing shift points, which leave it in gear way to long for my needs. I don't ever use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have parking sensors and 2 back up cameras, MY EYES!

Shoot I drive with my tow haul most days so Iam more then down with it being on when a trailer is hooked up.

So you guys can turn it off if you dont want it...lol

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First world problems.

I don't even have parking sensors lmao

I'm slummin it up right there with ya man, no sensors for me!

Drives me nuts when my girlfriend relies on her backup camera and occasionally doesnt even check the sides....

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am over here wondering what these backup sensors are?!?!?

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Those backup sensors are annoying as hell, that's what they are. My last truck had them, it happened to be the truck I wanted so I dealt with it. My new truck I purposely searched for one with out those POS mother #@Q*&$%^*$%&!

As for TOW/HAUL be on or off by default...when I hook up my trailer there is a setting screen that remembers the trailer, they could even put it in there... TOW/HAUL [] check box on or off like the rest of the damn settings in this truck.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ahhhh thanks Dan, something too expensive for me, but sound right up my wife's alley!!! LoL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock