Looking to replace my tires on my 2012 3500 SRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I need to replace the Firestone TransForce HT tires on my 3500 CC Limited with only 28000 miles, worst tire Ram could have put on a truck. I tow a 10'000 lb 5th wheel and I'm looking for some real life suggestions. I have read many reviews but are they for real or did someone pay these people to wright them. I'm looking at the Michelin LTX A/T2 tire but some reviews sound like they have soft sidewalls. Also looking at the BFG A/T KO2's but don't like what I'm reading on tread wear, and last is the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro and reviews also state poor tread life. I'm looking for a tire that will give me at least 60'000 miles and be very good in the snow. Open to any suggestions, what has anyone replaced their OEM tires with and how did they perform. I really like the BFG's but the tread wear scares me as they are not a cheap tire.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
60,000 miles on a 1 ton and good in the snow... You are gonna have to be easy on the tires to get a lot of mileage out of them. Some people do swear by the after market fires stones.. But they suck in the snow- Take a look at coopers? I got a set of copper atp"s " Discount tire specific" .. So far not to bad- They do feel a little soft- And may be a little more aggressive than what u are looking for - 1100$ OTD.

OP
OP
68 Coronet R/T
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
60,000 miles on a 1 ton and good in the snow... You are gonna have to be easy on the tires to get a lot of mileage out of them. Some people do swear by the after market fires stones.. But they suck in the snow- Take a look at coopers? I got a set of copper atp"s " Discount tire specific" .. So far not to bad- They do feel a little soft- And may be a little more aggressive than what u are looking for - 1100$ OTD.

Thanks, My brother put Cooper A/T's on his truck. Don't remember which one ( AT 3 I think) but after 7000 miles the tire noise would drive you out of the truck. I have Coopers ( CS5'S ) on my cars and love them but after riding in my brothers truck I'm not to sure on them.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
KO2's will not get you 60k miles and that pretty much goes with almost all MT or hybrid MT/AT tires.

I'd go with a 10ply (load range E) AT tire from Michelin, Goodyear or Toyo. I had Toyo AT II's on my MegaCab and almost got 60K miles on them. They were pretty darn good in wet, snow and mud conditions. They clean themselves out well and are very very quiet.

Good luck with your search.

OP
OP
68 Coronet R/T
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
KO2's will not get you 60k miles and that pretty much goes with almost all MT or hybrid MT/AT tires.

I'd go with a 10ply (load range E) AT tire from Michelin, Goodyear or Toyo. I had Toyo AT II's on my MegaCab and almost got 60K miles on them. They were pretty darn good in wet, snow and mud conditions. They clean themselves out well and are very very quiet.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the reply. I have to go with 10 ply E tires on the 3500 plus towing the 5th wheel. I like the Michelin but some of the reviews I read from people that tow say they feel a little soft in the side wall. That's why I kinda like the BFG T/A KO2's as they have a stronger side wall but then again the poor tread wear scares me. I do like the Goodyear Silent Armor Pro. My son-in--law has them on his 1500 eco-diesel that he tows a 30 ft TT and at 30,000 miles still look good and he doesn't rotate.

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
I'm running the Nitto terra grapler g2's on a 2014 2500. Nice all terrain tread and a 50,000 tread wear warranty on a LT tire. I only have 7,500 miles on them but seem to be wearing good and in a few more weeks I'll get a chance to test then in the snow. They do have a little hum to them especially on new asphalt but luckily for me I live in Michigan so there's not much of that around.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Getting 60K out of tires on an HD truck is a challenge. The trucks are just so heavy that they just don't last like on a lighter vehicle. I've had many different types/brands over the last 10 years and the Michelins were the best from a mileage perspective @ around 50K. They did okay in the snow I suppose - we don't get much snow where I live so it's hard to say.

I'm currently running a set of Toyo 4 season and am super happy with the performance and quietness. I'm not sure on mileage yet as I'm only at about 18K.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I have been looking at the Toyo CTs. They have the 3-ply sidewalls, but an AT tread that looks a lot like their M55 commercial tires. They are also "snowflake rated".

RLM5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It depends on what kind of tread you are looking for. If you looking for a mostly highway and towing tire then the Michelin is hard to beat.