Low Throttle Response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nelcamp101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I purchased a 2017 2500 ram 6.4 semi a little over a year ago. 90% of my miles are pulling a 31 FT TT and I noticed that I have almost no throttle response until I get up to 35-40 MPG.
I love the way the truck pulls and handles but it is very frustrating when I get into a steep pull especially when starting from a stop (leaving a fuel stop, rest area, etc). Been looking at the "pedal commander throttle response controller). Anyone have any Ideas on that product?

Also, when pulling a TT as much as I do, should I stick with the recommended 0w40 oil or use something else.
Any and all replies appreciated.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I tuned my 2014 6.4L truck using a Diablosport I2 programmer and a custom tune from Hemifever.

I had no throttle lag or slow starts after that.

I have no experience with the Pedal Commander but everyone that's posted about it here has been very positive about the results.

OP
OP
N

nelcamp101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I didn't want t put a tuner on it until the warrantee is up and the commander boast it will not void the warrantee.