lowered too much

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jescal76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hello again,

I think I just made a mistake in lowering my 1500 express qc. I tow a 28ft travel trailer about 6 times a year. I put 3" drop springs in the rear, from what I can tell I have about 4" until the bump stops hit the axels. I'm really loving the new look. With my trailer hooked up, my truck was pretty much leveled out. I know this is old school but what do people think about air shocks to give some support while towing or should I put my old coils back :(
any other suggestion or ideas pleeeease

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look into the air lift 1000 bags. That Moe's performance carries. I'm running them out back in mine. And they will level out anything that I have towed so far up to my dads 5000lb tractor.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
J

jescal76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Look into the air lift 1000 bags. That Moe's performance carries. I'm running them out back in mine. And they will level out anything that I have towed so far up to my dads 5000lb tractor.

That's what I had with the original springs. They worked pretty good, I just didn't think they would do the job of bringing the truck up a few inches when loaded. I think I will put them back in and give it shot. thanks

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck. They work good for me.

Jhighers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Penstar
Air shocks not good idea, to much weight transferred to a small bolt. Air helper springs would be best option on my opinion.

Totesmygoats

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Air shocks not good idea, to much weight transferred to a small bolt. Air helper springs would be best option on my opinion.

Place the bolt connects would likely fail first, which makes it worse.

OP
OP
J

jescal76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the input everybody. I guess i'll put my air bags back on and see what happens. I really like the way the truck is sitting, so I'm hoping I don't have to put the stocks back on.