My first tow and real haul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, after trading my 2014 Silverado for a 2015 RAM 2500 I've been chomping at the bit to tow my travel trailer and haul a decent load, finally on Saturday I got to do both. I had to haul my 30' (~6,000 lb) camper in for new tires so it was only a 5 mile run but the RAM pulled it like a dream. I didn't bother with WD hitch but it barely squatted the truck at all. I did notice a strange hitching as I slowed from 50 to a stop light, I theorized my gain was set too high (6.0) and the trailer brakes were locking up. Dropped the gain back to 4 and it was fine after that.

After that we headed to Lowes and picked up 65 bags of wet mulch. They pushed the load as far FWD as possible but that squatted the truck pretty good. Luckily I only had a 5 mile run home because I was just a wee bit over loaded.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the hauling / towing. I was less happy about my highway run the next day. 70MPH (empty) with 30-40MPH head winds and I had to mash the gas pedal to get it to drop to 4th and maintain speed on a long medium grade hill. I guess that's just the nature of the beast with the 5.7 3.73 6 speed :driver:

Attachments

• load.jpg
    load.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 108

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500, Hemi 5.7, 3.21
The difference b/t the 1500 and 2500 is pretty damn substantial. Kinda wish I had gone that route from the get-go.