Need Help Finding Large Drop Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
So, with the future plans for my truck, my 6" drop hitch isn't going to cut it any more..

Here's what I'm looking for:
12" or larger drop
For a 2" receiver
Pintle plate or ball mount (prefer adjustable)
MUST BE RATED FOR AT LEAST 10k

Please help me find something!

So far all I've found is a 12.5" tall pintle plate but I'm not sure if it's going to give me the drop I need (receiver height will be ~10.5" taller than stock)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
10" is the lowest I saw while I was looking for mine. I only needed 8" so I got that and I also bought a 10" drop shank for my weight distribution hitch becasue it has a differnet size ball. I hope what you're towing isn't heavy. They only guarantee so much weight on drop shanks. You mayb have to go to a welding shop to build a receiver extention.

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
10" is the lowest I saw while I was looking for mine. I only needed 8" so I got that and I also bought a 10" drop shank for my weight distribution hitch becasue it has a differnet size ball. I hope what you're towing isn't heavy. They only guarantee so much weight on drop shanks. You mayb have to go to a welding shop to build a receiver extention.

The most I'll be towing is a 2 door jeep jk on a car trailer, so I'd assume that shouldn't be any more than 8k, probably closer to 6.5-7k

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thank you! I'll keep that one in mind, I prefer adjustable but not sure if I'll find one

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Even my 8" is fixed

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro!

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I looked but could not find an adjustable that supports enough weight. You could rise 1" or so with different ball but those often have low ratings too.