New brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Long story short I bought brand new rotors and platinum ceramic pads all around, from Advance Auto Parts about 6 months ago.

Yesterday while at their store, the tech noticed that my rear pads we're leaving gouges in the rotors and it looked pretty bad. I saw it months ago, but thought it was due to the heavy loads and trailer I've been pulling. He said with the warranty I could bring the defective pads and rotors back and exchange them for a new set, no questions asked.

That being said, I'm thinking about getting all new rotors through the exchange. But getting HAWK or EBC pads. What do you guys think? New slotted rotors would be nice too, but they don't carry them at the store or on their site.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don't care what kind you HAD, 6 months is WAY to soon for brakes to be worn out, especially rears.

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They have techs at autozone?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Big Boi

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't care what kind you HAD, 6 months is WAY to soon for brakes to be worn out, especially rears.

I agree. I've been too busy to address the issue is all.

OP
OP
Big Boi

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
They have techs at autozone?!

They built a new Advance Auto 2 min away from the house. There's actually 3 guys at this location that know their ****, and actually have some badass classics that they wrench on too

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow. Had no idea.