New evic messsages.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I towed my toy hauler for the first time this season without issues. When I arrived at home I disconnected the truck from the trailer and parked the truck in the garage.

A couple hrs later I started the truck and numerous dings went off, after things calmed down I discovered my back up sensors would not turn back on, until I restarted the truck.

The evic showed 2 messages, (not CEL lights)
Trailer brake needs service, I was not connected to the trailer at this time.
Fuel filters need replaced, the readout says 0%, needs replaced. The current filters only have 5k on them.

I have a appointment with the dealer scheduled in 2 weeks, and have 1 month left on my 3/36.
Extended warranty $3500
New truck $53000
Neither is a good option.

What gives RAM?????

OP
OP
Rotzilla

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Forgot to mention dealer had my truck in the shop last week and I had them change from light electric to heavy electric, hoping it would lower the gain on the brake controller, it didn't.

Could changing this setting have caused the service controller message???

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Did the heavy electric make any difference at all?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
After the event you describe has everything calmed down and gone back to normal? I've had pretty much this exact thing happen twice in the 2 years since I bought my 2014 2500 6.4 Hemi.

I don't think there's much the dealer can do unless it's happening when you take the truck in. I just chalk it up to electronic "gremlins" :) These trucks are more computer than truck and sometimes just need a reboot.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I towed my toy hauler for the first time this season without issues. When I arrived at home I disconnected the truck from the trailer and parked the truck in the garage.

A couple hrs later I started the truck and numerous dings went off, after things calmed down I discovered my back up sensors would not turn back on, until I restarted the truck.

The evic showed 2 messages, (not CEL lights)
Trailer brake needs service, I was not connected to the trailer at this time.
Fuel filters need replaced, the readout says 0%, needs replaced. The current filters only have 5k on them.

I have a appointment with the dealer scheduled in 2 weeks, and have 1 month left on my 3/36.
Extended warranty $3500
New truck $53000
Neither is a good option.

What gives RAM?????

Have the problems continued? If you need assistance once visiting the dealer, please let me know. – Kevin T, Social Connect Team

OP
OP
Rotzilla

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
After the 1 incident everything seems to functioning as normal, however I have not hook to the trailer yet. I will have to try that this weekend to see if it makes any difference.

OP
OP
Rotzilla

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
As expected everything had returned to normal by the time it reached the dealer. Messages were gone, fuel filter meter had reset to its previous setting.
There was 1 message, I can't remember the exact term but basically was; there was an issue, but the truck didn't know what it was.
Dealer opened a star case, which went no where....