Old Style RAM logo receiver plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone know where I can get one of the old style rubber receiver plugs like the one in the image below? I lost mine and none of my local dealers still have them, no luck on Amazon or eBay either. And I really do not like the new style ones. Unfortunately Mopar kept the same part number with the new style so lookups are hit or miss.

picture.php

-K

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hell, if I can't find it on Ebay or Amazon it doesn't exist :)

Maybe try some online places that are more brand specific. Ebay and Amazon are just so huge that it can be a bit tough to find specific things like this. I'd have to think a Dodge/Ram specific retailer somewhere has to have them.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hell, if I can't find it on Ebay or Amazon it doesn't exist :)

Maybe try some online places that are more brand specific. Ebay and Amazon are just so huge that it can be a bit tough to find specific things like this. I'd have to think a Dodge/Ram specific retailer somewhere has to have them.

Yeah, I've checked a bunch, but with the two having the same part number and half the vendors not bothering to update the picture, what looks like the right one hasn't been so far.

-K

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Anyone know where I can get one of the old style rubber receiver plugs like the one in the image below? I lost mine and none of my local dealers still have them, no luck on Amazon or eBay either. And I really do not like the new style ones. Unfortunately Mopar kept the same part number with the new style so lookups are hit or miss.

picture.php

-K

I bought a case of them years ago when my pops was doing flea market sales,
If I can find them in my attic I'll sell them, what would you think they are worth today? These are the old light up and regular rubber plug type ram heads. We used to get between 20-40$ but now their discontinued so guess what (inflation) lol jk, I'm reasonable.

Reactions: kad
OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I bought a case of them years ago when my pops was doing flea market sales, If I can find them in my attic I'll sell them, what would you think they are worth today? These are the old light up and regular rubber plug type ram heads. We used to get between 20-40$ but now their discontinued so guess what (inflation) lol jk, I'm reasonable.

The one I had was not light up, just heavy rubber. They sold for about $10 new from the dealer. Let me know if you find them though, I suppose I could always cut the wires off :)

-K

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
The one I had was not light up, just heavy rubber. They sold for about $10 new from the dealer. Let me know if you find them though, I suppose I could always cut the wires off :)

-K

When I locate them just pay shipping and it's yours.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just a thought, but you could find one of the smaller ram insignia from a Dakota, paint it flat black and affix it to a plain black hitch plug if you feel like taking on an arts and crafts project.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just a thought, but you could find one of the smaller ram insignia from a Dakota, paint it flat black and affix it to a plain black hitch plug if you feel like taking on an arts and crafts project.

Heheh, If I get desperate enough, I may have to do that!

-K

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Don't know if this is the old or new style.

These should be standard with the hitch, even Hyundai puts them on standard.

That's the new style, the old style has a 3D Rams Head, a different attachment method and a much thicker, more durable material (the first two aspects are visable in the pic in the first post).

-K

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ten bucks, oh well. Better than a gaping hole.......

Tdjma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what came factory on my 2015

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
This is what came factory on my 2015

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the one I'm looking for was a holdover from my 2001, but they were sold until fairly recently.

-K

kooler1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

picture.php

-K

Find some one with a 3D printer and make one. Then you can do any color you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro