Opinions needed on suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teknoracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys. New here. Looking for opinions from some who might be in my same situation. Just bought a '17 1500 Big Horn. A step above my 14 express i traded. Anyhow i pull a 28ft travel trailer around Ohio all summer. I have a wdh for it and am thinking the airlift 1000 helper bags would be a good investment. Never had em on my 14 but wanna try em on the new 17. Also wanna consider leveling the front of the truck out with the strut spacer 2" kit. But my question is will the level kit be a bad idea with towing that much weight and throwing off the suspension geometry? Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Davis_117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The rear bags would help tremendously when pulling an enclosed trailer. It would also help keep the truck level. I cant really help you on the front, i have an older ram with a strait axle in the front. Hope this helped, just some basic info if you wernt aware. I have friends that haul toy haulers to all of the GNCC races. They all say it was the best investment for long distance ride quality. just curious what do you haul in your trailer?

OP
OP
T

Teknoracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We race rc cars offroad pretty competitively so we travel most every weekend all summer with our camper. 100-300 mi round trips usually

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I would get the tuff truck coils and instead of getting coil spacers get bills they are nicer to your ball joints. Air bags would be good for stock truck I think you'll sag if you level it.