Passenger Tow Mirror Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Passenger Tow Mirror Plastic Cover

I just had my plastic cover on my tow mirror pop off and called the dealer only to find out that they don't sell the cover separately. Bummer! I'm looking at approximately spending $500.00 for a five buck cover (okay, maybe $20). Any suggestions or perhaps a miracle and someone has this part? Thanks!

Attachments

• phpUzsQLlPM.jpg
    phpUzsQLlPM.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,765
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black. I can post a picture of the other side if need be. It's on a 2013 Laramie.

OP
OP
T

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't see it but I'll give them a buzz tomorrow and report what I find. Two dealers have already told me that the part cannot be sold separately. Thanks!

Last edited:

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That would be my opportunity to pop for some aftermarket tow (flip up) mirrors.

chipdudeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I had mine busted this winter in a parking lot. All I did was expoy it back together, then siliconed it in place where needed. When it thaws in this country, I will most likely wrap both sides to hide the epoxy. Saved 400$ and only spent some time.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had mine busted this winter in a parking lot. All I did was expoy it back together, then siliconed it in place where needed. When it thaws in this country, I will most likely wrap both sides to hide the epoxy. Saved 400$ and only spent some time.

shes been quite chilly here in edmonton the last few days eh! Im down here for work, normally up in the Mac, travel back to NB on days off though

I would try to get it back together instead of spending 400 bucks on a new mirror.

chipdudeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
shes been quite chilly here in edmonton the last few days eh! Im down here for work, normally up in the Mac, travel back to NB on days off though

I would try to get it back together instead of spending 400 bucks on a new mirror.

It was a little uncalled for after the nice warm spell. When you head north again, please please take it with you:waytogo:

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It was a little uncalled for after the nice warm spell. When you head north again, please please take it with you:waytogo:

I'm here till Monday. Go to nb for week then back here for 2. wont be North till end of March. Sorry bud!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I took mine out on the garage the first weekend I had mine. Should have sprung for the flip tow's like you have then but kept it stock.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Did you happen to find out if this piece was available separate? The drive-thru at the bank reached out and smacked mine, I epoxied it also, but the crack is still noticeable and I'd like to replace it. If not, I guess I'll just spring the $75-$90 for the Putco chrome mirror arm covers. She'll be just like the girl at the prom in a new dress with dirty underwear!

Gerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As of today, dealer informs me only the complete mirror is available; part# 68142672AF and is $584.00 plus tax. Surely someone (aftermarket) ought to provide a replacement. This cover takes a real beating in the woods (and in drivethroughs)...