Payload vs Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our crew cab beds are shorter than GM/Ford. And most 5th wheels nowadays are HUGE and the pin weight would sink any half ton.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Our crew cab beds are shorter than GM/Ford. And most 5th wheels nowadays are HUGE and the pin weight would sink any half ton.

Agreed. I've seen a few of all brands- including Rams- with 5th wheel battleships in tow. Makes me cringe. IMHO 5'ers are just out of reach for half tons of any brand. I would imagine the bearings would look like doughnuts every few years with the pin weight all bearing down on that rear axle.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can get the longer bed on the crew cab.

2013+ you can. 09-12 CC, 5'7" was the only bed length available.

Regardless, I'd trade the difference in payload for the ride quality any day. Like someone said above, if I need an HD truck I'd have bought a 2500 CTD. My 1500 pulls my 32' trailer just fine, thank you.

TexasNav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just recently coming from a 04 Chevy 1500 to the 2013 Ram 1500 and I have to say it is a night and day difference. I had crew cabs in both and the full size bed in the Ram. To the OP, I have been blown away with the power and the all around quality of the Ram. I have the 8 speed transmission and I really like it as well. As for towing, I would not be worried about anything within reason. Like many said before me, it will sag but some bags can fix that. Also, about the suspension, it rides 10X better than my old chevy. It really is a night and day difference in ride comfort. Only drawback I have seen on my Ram is the headlights, they sort of suck. I have the quads on it and I will most likely be going to Retro Shop and get some new ones once tax season is upon us.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just recently coming from a 04 Chevy 1500 to the 2013 Ram 1500 and I have to say it is a night and day difference. I had crew cabs in both and the full size bed in the Ram. To the OP, I have been blown away with the power and the all around quality of the Ram. I have the 8 speed transmission and I really like it as well. As for towing, I would not be worried about anything within reason. Like many said before me, it will sag but some bags can fix that. Also, about the suspension, it rides 10X better than my old chevy. It really is a night and day difference in ride comfort. Only drawback I have seen on my Ram is the headlights, they sort of suck. I have the quads on it and I will most likely be going to Retro Shop and get some new ones once tax season is upon us.

Check into upgraded halogens for your fogs; I haven't used my highbeams since.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I did the same thing when first got my 1500 with quads. I swapped all the bulbs to Silver Stars. The fogs really lit up the road.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio